General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

my car got ripped offf!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Default my car got ripped offf!

I dont know alot about cars forgive me! I have a 95 honda civic ex with an alarm and I had a stereo system but it was broken into and all taken! Why are Hondas such prime targets? Are they that easy to get into?
Its so frustrating, how did they silence my alarm so quick?
Anyway my question is...since my radio was ripped out of my car, I dont want to replace it until I move out of the neighborhood, so where can I get one of those plastic pieces to put in it that will match my interior? Its that grey plastic stuff.
And does anyone know how to prevent this from happening again? A steel alarm system?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my car got ripped offf!

MOVE..jk..but dude that sucks...hope you find out who did that....

Old 10-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i think its cause hondas are just everywhere.LOL

also if you bump alot around where you live.........
no window tint to hide the system..... or your trunk been visable when someone walked or drove by..........

also how the alarm was instaled........ if they just have to reach under the dash and yank on the alarm wires any retard can disable that alarm in seconds!
or if your alarm siren was hangen low and they just looked under your can saw it and cut a wire on it...
which depends on the instal as well...

i tell anyone thats had thier car broken into and stereos jacked...

1 alarm not properly instaled and all wires taped up and zip tied up outta the way.......
alarm siren cramped up inside the engine compartment....

and 2... have your stereo BOLTED DOWN.. most people just drop thier subboxes in the trunk and just screw the amp to the subwoofer box..... which can be jacked with a screw driver, wire cutters and 2 hands.......... LOL

and if your in a (ghetto) it helps to chain/bolt your trunk lid from the inside... that way the trunk only opens up about 6inches that way thiers only enough room to your hands..... and just use 2 pieces of chain and a padlock.
but thats for a real ghetto area.LMFAO
well dont laugh... it works..........
just wrap the chain with alot of electrical tape or foam so it doesnt rattle

Old 10-14-2006, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

^ yup, I had my competition sub chained, w/ a bike chain to the body of my car...that's jus what u have to do, if somebody spends the time to break into the car and doesn't get anything, they're gonna break something. So anyway u look at it it's gonna cost u money.

The alarm thing, u can always get an alarm w/ a pager. then put the pager right next to u while u sleep.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive done the lcd paging alarms since they came out LOVE EM.... unfortunatly not all apartments are pager friendly.... and your to far away from the car for it to get a signal

also dont chain the sub box down!!!!!!!! thats still giving them open access to your trunk........ and a electric screw driver with a standard philips head on it will make ease of removing the sub and amp from the box and still being quite......

now what you do is you actualy run the chain to the trunk lid towards the outter handle... and put the other end of the chain onto the bottom of the trunk right next to the latch... that way when you close the trunk lid you have just enough room to get your 2 hands in and with a key remove the padlock conecting the two chains...... if you have to much slack its worthless... also must be BOLTED to the car with as large of flat washers you can fit! if you use simple selfdrilling screws those can be riped right out by just jerking the lid up hard....
ALSO forgot to add... use some thick strong chains... a dog chain wont work.LOL can be cut with some pliers or just by twisting it around with a screw driver till it snaps get some good since chains that only bolt cutters can cut and still have a hard time cuting

that way the only way to get anything more than your hands into the trunk they will need bolt cutters.... and lets face it... some guy walken around with bolt cutters is sure to catch an eye or two.LMFAO not to mention most thieves dont carry anything like that.LOL
also if ya get the hardened large chain lengths only way to cut them is with some realy big bolt cutters!!!! smaller chains can be cut with some small bolt cutters.

needless to say it will protect your cars system at least once! and if they cannt get to your equipment that cannt destroy it THINK ABOUT THAT.....

guys not gonna break into your trunk.... see the chain and go home back with some bolt cutters.LOL
screw drivers and crowbars are cheap! good large bolt cutters cost money!!!!!! and grinders are way to loud!

Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM

what if your back seat folds down, then your screwed!!!!!!! it is always aa LOOOSE LOOOSE SITUATIOn if someone wants something bad enough IT IS GONE TRUST ME!

Old 11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well my back seats lock and cannt be opened without the key or from the trunk... as well as my inside trunk release... thats one thing honda got right to help theft

but yes ive said it pleanty of times... if someone wants your stuff bad enough they will get it... just depends if they want to take that risk!

Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 PM

man u got this down packed. But where can i get one of these pager alarms and can i get one that signals my cell if the alarm goes off?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

no no cell phone.. its not realy a pager BUT a lcd 2way remote control... if your to far away from your car or to much walls to go thru then the distance isnt very good

Name:  civicALARM006.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  14.7 KB
Name:  civicALARM009.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  24.9 KB
Name:  civicALARM001.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  40.3 KB

word of advice tho when buying a paging lcd alarm MAKE SURE ITS A NAME BRAND!!!
DEI, viper, clarion, python, and i think cliford. not positive tho.... they have pleanty of cheap so called lcd paging 2 way alarm systems on ebay but not all of them have a very good paging distance!
and if ya park more than 1/4 mile away or have a bunch of contret walls, stone, or brick the paging distance wont be as good if any.....
they arent miricales so dont expect it to save your ride!
your best prevention is just a cheap alarm system wired up correctly and every door protected along with hood and trunk and always arm it and lock your doors!

Old 11-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if they snipped the alarm so quick it might be someone who has been around your car that has gotten a good look at it. ever have a bunch of people looking under the hood at once? they could see were the alarm horn is and as soon as it goes off they pop the hood and snip the wires within seconds

Quick Reply: my car got ripped offf!