General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic, My ideas, & Your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 04:16 PM
HCF Member
Default My Civic, My ideas, & Your thoughts

So i picked up a 99 DX HB for commuting purposes and i love it. Cant wait to start custmoizing it.
1)I read the tech about A LED dash although i need to find out if there are tricks for putting a EX gauges cluster in a DX....i want a TACH!
2) im gonna drop the car about 1.5 think Tien S techs....gonna be a daily driver, that gonna give me any ride problems?
3)Charge speed body kit http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...s/chargespeed/
4)jun rear spoiler http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/ae...poiler.html?en love those rims too
5)cars gonna go all black with tinted euro tails....smoked out front headlights...tinted windows
6)interior wise i think im gonna die the carpet red...and paint the dash black w/ red accent seens lots of how too's on that subject
question about interior vinyls on like rvinyl.com...any good? any one ever try these?
7) shave my emblems ..is it to ricey if i get a large custom(red) H-honda emblem on the rear glass?

what you guys think? Tmrw im cleaining the car up and ill post some pics of what it looks like now....had 91k miles and i got it for 4k well taken care of.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Angry Admin
Default RE: My Civic, My ideas, & Your thoughts

ORIGINAL: jousai7

So i picked up a 99 DX HB for commuting purposes and i love it. Cant wait to start custmoizing it.
1)I read the tech about A LED dash although i need to find out if there are tricks for putting a EX gauges cluster in a DX....i want a TACH!
There are but i dont know it
2) im gonna drop the car about 1.5 think Tien S techs....gonna be a daily driver, that gonna give me any ride problems?
3)Charge speed body kit http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...s/chargespeed/
Kit looks alright, but hatches look nicer clean, IMO
4)jun rear spoiler http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/ae...poiler.html?en love those rims too
liking the rims as well and the wing is okay
5)cars gonna go all black with tinted euro tails....smoked out front headlights...tinted windows
big fan of the all black, are thinking of painting black as well?
6)interior wise i think im gonna die the carpet red...and paint the dash black w/ red accent seens lots of how too's on that subject
question about interior vinyls on like rvinyl.com...any good? any one ever try these?
try and stay away from the vinyls ricey =[
7) shave my emblems ..is it to ricey if i get a large custom(red) H-honda emblem on the rear glass?
Either shave them and leave em shaved or try for just a black badge (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...em380026554997&amp

what you guys think? Tmrw im cleaining the car up and ill post some pics of what it looks like now....had 91k miles and i got it for 4k well taken care of.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

1)Yeah, still havent found any more info on the dx-ex cluster yet
3) im beginning to agree about the clean look, e****ally lowered
4)yeah the more i look at the wing the bigger it looks..beginning to belive that mine jsut doesnt look right becuase its a diffrent color than the car red car/black spoiler
5) yes all black car, didnt realize there were any other options..^^
6) yeah decided on paint and just the accents..vinyls seem to shiney/weird to be what i want
7) shaved my emblems yesterday! they came off great! even up close its hard to tell and i havent washed/waxed it yet.....id have pics but its been raining

Old 05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

The cluster will just swap right in as long as its the same generation civic. (it has the wires and everything in the back)

Old 05-11-2008, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

really so i wont have to run wires for the tach since my car doesnt have one?

Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

all civic's have the wire, it's just not pinned into the dx cluster.

so...

1) there are no tricks, if you searched on this forum, you'd find out that it's plug and play with an ex and si cluster.
2) this has also been covered, and all you'll need is a professional install and a professional alignment afterwards.
3) don't really care, i don't like body kits
4) that's fine
5) that's also fine, but will look ghey imo, just be sure to remember your tinting laws in your state.
6) don't dye any type of carpet red, just order a set of red carpet, and painting the dash black is fine if you do it correctly.
7) shaving the emblems is fine, but a huge sticker that you want just sounds retarded, everyone already knows it's a honda, you don't have to represent, lol.