HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   My soon to be setup (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/my-soon-setup-84610/)

1990hondacivicex 08-08-2010 10:36 PM

My soon to be setup

Alright well have a 94 civic dx 5 speed. Just got the instrument cluster changed so I have a tach now. I have a B18A1 that I am using to swap in. I am doing arp headstuds, arp connecting rod bolts, cometic head gasket, gates timing belt, 390cc injectors, walbro 255. I am planning on turboing it. I only plan for like 7-9 psi so I hope to achieve 225 or more hp. I have a gsr trans. I am getting a wideband and vafc to go with this all. Going to get it tuned as well. You all know more then me so just curious if it would be a reliable setup and run fine. I am building another B block but that is getting all the goodies and will be down the road. So any input I do appreciate really. Thanks

N0safebetdx 08-09-2010 07:56 AM

Hey I have that set up in my 93' dx :) well actually I only have the b18a1 not turbo yet! Im looking for a block to build....

From what I have read building a LS block is one of the most reliable b series motors you could turbo :)
After it is built you can run WAY more Psi then 7-9 :)

I envy you :/

1990hondacivicex 08-09-2010 02:20 PM

Lol ya. Well just trying to get everything together and all. I will be doing a B18B next time but for now this will work and I just wanted to make sure 7-9 psi would be safe on what I am doing, block was rebuilt 20,000 ago as well but with just stock stuff. Compression reads 185 across. So this is just a throw together as I am tired of the D15 in it lol. So hopefully you can turbo yours soon as well.

N0safebetdx 08-09-2010 04:17 PM

LOL Me too im looking for an obd1 b18b out of a 94-95 integra but no luck :(

I have my mani and intercooler lmfao!!

cvcrcr99 08-09-2010 05:31 PM

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Just a couple things I would suggest:
-bigger injectors (at least 440's)
-better tuning software (chipped P28, or P30 if you can find one, OBD1 of course)

Also, make sure you check out the stickies in the Turbo/Forced induction section. there is a thread there that breaks down a turbo system and lists everything you need, and could ever want for your turbo set-up.

1990hondacivicex 08-09-2010 09:32 PM

Great thanks for your input I will check that out. I am looking for a P28 obd1 already lol and for injectors I will also look for some bigger ones. I just want this motor to safely get by till I do my nice build on the other block. Ya, I got the B18A1 just waiting for engine parts. Gsr trans need to order flywheel and clutch. Only things I have is Short shifter and bigger injectors then stock currently. Hate this waiting game lol. I was also looking into redoing the front end of the civic such as ball joints and all.