General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.
View Poll Results: is it worth upgrading a auto trans civic?
yes
15.38%
no
84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

NEED CIVIC MODDING ADVICE..and im a total NOOB at this..2008 civic EX auto trans. thx

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Default NEED CIVIC MODDING ADVICE..and im a total NOOB at this..2008 civic EX auto trans. thx

ok like the title says...i am completely new to modding cars and etc..i recently bought a 2008 civic ex and id like to get it hook'd up BUT i was just curious if there is even a point in hooking up a auto trans civic? jus looking for some useful advice. if its not too much trouble can you guys please list reasons for keeping it ..and can i get it changed to a manual? if so how much would that cost?

i know i asked some stupid questions but like i said i am completely new i usually jus drive the damn cars. dont know anything about them. thanks in advanced

Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 PM

it's not worth it. i used to think it was, but i ended up buying a manual, swapping all my upgrades to it, and then selling the auto. eventually you will wish you hadn't bought it and put time into it.

i say sell the '08 auto and go get a manual. if you can afford it, i'd go get the Si, if you are into performance. It's definitely worth the extra couple thousand over an EX to get an Si.

if all you want is appearance and audio modifications, then keep the auto. but if you want any performance upgrades, get a stick.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

i mean there is nothing wrong with modding an auto, however a stick would be a better place. Yes you can change it to a manual, but that costs a lot of money and isn't worth it on a brand new car. You should trade it in for a manual if you really want it.

And you car is brand spanking new, so thinking about modifications shouldn't be until like at least 3-4 years from now

Old 08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yes and no.

While you can mod an auto and enjoy the car, it's much more rewarding modding a stick. In my personal (and not exactly humble) opinion, I had one of the cleanest and sickest civics (and indisputably the lowest lol) in the area I live in... mine was an auto.

Actually, it being an auto was the only reason I sold my civic (well, that and the nickel and diming me into poverty thing lol)

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im kinda for both.....
my modified civic is a automatic, and my beaters are manuals

but i did wish that my black civic was a manual in fact i even bought my 96civic just for the whole setup to swap in it BUT after geting the car and seeing the wreck wasnt bad i decided to fix it and keep it a manual and rock it....

MAYBE after i fix the paint maybe ill think about swaping my goodies into it BUT not to sure yet. guess its one of those things..

first off;

can you drive a stick
do you drink and drive
do you have a bad back or foot problems?

a automatic is definatly a easy car to drive! just depends if you want to just GET IN AND GO. no clutch work, constant clutch/gas in traffic, stop and go makes it even worse!
at times i wish i had a automatic... AND at times i wish i had a manual...
either way both drive and get me to where i want to go and both get good gas milage for the cost!

just depends which you prefer to drive every day. otherwise keep your 08auto and buy a older manual civic

Old 08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

^
lol well if drinking and driving is a concern for him when buying a stick, at that point he should just drive his civic and himself off a cliff.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya it was a joke.... but i do have a friend at work that was pissed when she got her moms manual BMW because it was to hard to shift when she had been doing alittle drinking.LOL and ya i laughed at her as well!!!!! she knows better but she still does it!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 PM

so im guessing keep the 08 and get an older civic to hook up?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
im kinda for both.....
my modified civic is a automatic, and my beaters are manuals

but i did wish that my black civic was a manual in fact i even bought my 96civic just for the whole setup to swap in it BUT after geting the car and seeing the wreck wasnt bad i decided to fix it and keep it a manual and rock it....

MAYBE after i fix the paint maybe ill think about swaping my goodies into it BUT not to sure yet. guess its one of those things..

first off;

can you drive a stick
do you drink and drive
do you have a bad back or foot problems?

a automatic is definatly a easy car to drive! just depends if you want to just GET IN AND GO. no clutch work, constant clutch/gas in traffic, stop and go makes it even worse!
at times i wish i had a automatic... AND at times i wish i had a manual...
either way both drive and get me to where i want to go and both get good gas milage for the cost!

just depends which you prefer to drive every day. otherwise keep your 08auto and buy a older manual civic

what yr civic u recommend? and can i get some price checks? thanks guys

Old 08-05-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by aznTUrDmAN
what yr civic u recommend? and can i get some price checks? thanks guys
92-95 civic
easiest to modify and tune (already OBD1), tons of aftermarket support, low price because of age.
you should be able to find a pretty good one for $2500-3500

make sure that you get the EX or Si if you get 92-95, same goes for 96-00
its got VTEC, shorter geared tranny, and power options.
if you're gonna swap the motor don't worry about the model unless you care about power options.

Quick Reply: NEED CIVIC MODDING ADVICE..and im a total NOOB at this..2008 civic EX auto trans. thx