General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New car sales people! newbie rant!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default New car sales people! newbie rant!

So back in mid November I called to put money down on a new Si. Finally after calling 3 other local dealers I found one that didn't have a 3 month waiting list. I would just like to say that it amazes me how very little these sale people know about the cars they are selling! First she tells me the car is grey...I asked her what other colors were available because at the time I was unaware of the Si coming in grey. She had no Idea what colors they offered. I knew of the red, black, silver and blue. She told me it didn't come in blue. I'm like well this magazine in front of me has a blue one on the cover! The next day it was silver not grey. A week later she tells me that it was red and that she thought I wanted the EX. [:@] I'm like red is fine...she says well it has 2-tone leather and a sport muffler. ??? I told her they don't offer leather!?! Turns out the out source the leather. I called her Dec 1st when it was released and asked which red it was since the website was updated and showed all the options. She was totally unaware of the 2 shades of red. After doing some reading online I find out about the HFP package. Turns out the car is supposed to have the package but as of Monday now she tells me it's on back order. I also went round and round about the spoiler....she tried telling me it doesn't come with one!!! I'm still waiting to get my car...it was supposed to be her Dec 15th. It's at the shop getting the seats done now and I'm so impatient! I'm not sure if I'm still going get the HFP kit since from what I'm reading online it won't be available till April....(I should probanly let her know about that too[8D]).

Sorry for the long newbie story....I just can't believe people can get a job selling cars they have no knowledge of!

Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New car sales people! newbie rant!

Maybe you should try finding a salesman/saleswoman at that dealership that knows something about car. I prolly woulda thrown a fit and i definatly would not buy a car unless its in the color i want. If you want blue, stick to it and get blue. You shoulda yelled at that stupid **** and tell her that you want blue, you want the seats, you want the spoiler, you want the HFP or you are not gonna buy it. Its your money, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get exactly what you want. If you have to wait a little longer, why not? You've waited this long, a little while longer shouldn't be a problem. Hope u really like the new SI (i know you will).

Old 12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

agreed^!...i would of asked for the manager or got a different sails person to go throught, its true tho, some people dont give a **** about you and some people will do anything..when i got my honda from the dealership the guy i went through was amazing, he did anything for us and anserd all questions, when i had a consern or question i would just call him up and bang the anser...but some on the other guys there (that didn't have any clients by the way) if you even tryed to ask a question they would just shaft you over[:@]..i guess its the same in every business tho

Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

She had no Idea what colors they offered. I knew of the red, black, silver and blue. She told me it didn't come in blue. I'm like well this magazine in front of me has a blue one on the cover! The next day it was silver not grey. A week later she tells me that it was red and that she thought I wanted the EX.
That's the part where I would have pulled the brochure off the wall and waved it at her... [:@]

Good luck dealing with it, whatever you do, but don't cave in! get what you want! Any of the colors look good, I would go with white , and the factory performance kit is pretty sweet.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

I'd get it in black and loose the performance kit. I can make my own performance kit.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:03 AM

You can get anything you want if you demand it..I used to work at a Honda dealer and when the S2000's first came out a guy called wanting a silver one..so I had to drive 30 miles into Ohio to pick it up...he had to sit in the car with me as I drove it back but wouldnt drive it himself...he wanted to peel all the plastic off himself...he checked the tire pressure before we left...he wanted to wash it himself at the dealership..all that went fine...he went to the bathroom..and they were drilling holes for the front plate...he starts screaming and flipping out about he doesnt want the front plate even though ohio requires it..and decides NOT TO BUY THE CAR....so yea tell them what you want cause if not I'm sure another dealer will kindly take your money

Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
HCF Member

Go to another dealer and screw the one your dealing with because I have bought a **** load of stuff in the past few years and I have always got just what I wanted even if it took a few more days and a different dealership.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 AM

I have bought a lot of new cars and trucks in my time
and have to say all dealers are ripoffs.
they will look you dead in the eye and lie to you.
I don't fool with people like you just described.
I walk out and find another dealer. there are plenty
of honda dealers everywhere and finding one that
cares for customers wants shouldn't be that hard.
Dealers are all starving to death right now because
nobody is buying new cars. i've been looking for a
replacement for my wrecked 4x4 and everytime I
walk onto a lot the salesmen are like vultures looking
at a piece of meat. You don't have to put up with any
crap from dealers right now, it's a buyers market.
Make them give you a discount too or you'll take
your business elsewhere.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for all the replies! The car is supposed to be back from getting the leather done tomorrow. I’m excited to see how it looks! If I don't like it I will not take the car...I'm a very impatient person and when I want something I want it now [8D] I know I should have went else where but after calling 3 other dealerships and finding out that every car coming in until March was already sold I figured I best stick it out a deal with the dumb chick! When a new car comes out like this you have very little leverage...they know that if you don't want it that they have 100 other people in line that do. I'll post pics this weekend if all goes well

Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: leco516

I have bought a lot of new cars and trucks in my time
and have to say all dealers are ripoffs.
they will look you dead in the eye and lie to you.
I don't fool with people like you just described.
I walk out and find another dealer. there are plenty
of honda dealers everywhere and finding one that
cares for customers wants shouldn't be that hard.
Dealers are all starving to death right now because
nobody is buying new cars. i've been looking for a
replacement for my wrecked 4x4 and everytime I
walk onto a lot the salesmen are like vultures looking
at a piece of meat. You don't have to put up with any
crap from dealers right now, it's a buyers market.
Make them give you a discount too or you'll take
your business elsewhere.
Sorry to go off topic, and thread jack, but you do know that you don't have to hit the enter button when typing a message right? It will wordwrap on its own, and it'll be a hell of a lot easier to read that way....just a suggestion..

i would have pm'ed, but it seems you are blocking pm's

Quick Reply: New car sales people! newbie rant!