General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

oh hell naw!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Default oh hell naw!!!!

you wont believe what has happened to me after so much work and dedication... some of you may find this funny while others dont i certaintly do not casue it happened to my car. so i fully kitted my car right. well i wanted an alarm put in so i decided y not get it put in b4 paint so i wouldnt have to worry about it. my car is manual and they put a remote start in there...some of you already c where this is goin for those of u who dont i go to pick my car up and i decide hey y not try this remote start for the first time. well the dumb *** who installed it left it in gear so as i start it my car jump through the front store window cracking my front bumper in half and damagin my halo's in the process grrrrr i wanna kill some1. they dont want to pay for it so now i have to find a place to order a new front again any ideas?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Default RE: oh hell naw!!!!

I'm sorry that I cannot help on finding new front fascia, but

That installer should NOT have put a remote start on a manual transmission car.

I have put remote start only on 1 manual transmission car BUT I used a mercury switch attached to the E-brake handle. When the E-brake was pulled up, the mercury switch enabled the remote start. and when it was down, the remote start was disabled. Thats how yours should have been done. You can find a mercury switch out of any old thermostat.

just FYI

Old 04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

It's a little funny!

Next time you should buy a Compustar and do it right.

Sorry about the car though.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:19 PM

you might be able to sue the installer for damages, because you aren't suposed to install a remote start on a manuel car, but it might cost more than its worth to get lawyers and S***

Old 04-07-2006, 05:06 PM
HCF Member

ouch that sucks..was it throught the shop that installed it window?, when i got my alarm they said i couldent do remote start on a manul too, oh ya..why dont you just go to the same place as you got your kit before?

Old 04-07-2006, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

Compustar works with manual transmissions...if you install a remote start that's not made for manual you are responsible...the installer should have told you not to do it. I'm sure there are other systems like the Compustar but it's got a safety feature which keeps that exact thing from happening.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

Its a drive through import shop now good job civil.Just kiddin.That sucks[]

Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 PM

yea imma post some pics so you guyz can see the damages as soon as i figure out how to post.lol i ordered my whole kit fenders n all on ebay but i find it a lil expensive to order only the front bumper

Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

Hey guy... I installed my remote start on my MT civic myself. I gave my keys to a guy to repair a flat and he was playing w/ my remote and ran my car into the back of another. While the damage was negligable, I didn't even get it repaired, I goofed up and did not flip that tell tale switch to turn OFF the remote start before giving it to a curious cat. MY FAULT!! I was MAD but still my fault! If your gonna have that YOU have to make sure it's outta gear before using it! I would suggest a switch so what happened to me doesn't happen to you. I turned mine off and hid the switch...don't use it anymore! THe alarm is NICE though!!!

That really sux though! Good thing you didn't getit painted! What about the store's glass, are they paying for that??? That stuff's EXPENSIVE!!! Be mindful if you keep the remote start!! That really sux!!!!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM

yea thats what they tried to say that its my responsibility to make sure its outa gear but u gotta keep in mind that the installer of the allarm the one who told me to leave it outa gear was the same person who left it in gear when i went and picked it up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oh hell naw!!!!