General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

new guy new car need help.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Default new guy new car need help.

alright first off, im not a noob to cars just this forum and civics in general. this is my first civic and its my winter/daily driver since i already have another daily (07 Mitsu Outlander) and my project car (88 Monte Carlo SS on air and daytons) so i dont wanna do too much to this civic. it already has anold lightspeed header SRI(unknown brand) and an unknown full exhaust and a JRSC all this on a ZC? engine. im not familiar with these engines and where to buy parts for them. ie: new header and exhaust. like i said i already have a project car, so i dont wanna go crazy on this one since its already done decently. stuff thats on it... 15" bronze konig wheels lowered on tokico blues and neuspeed springs and the engine stuff i mentioned. what do you guys suggest doing with this?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Default RE: new guy new car need help.

do want exterior,interior, engine etc?
depends on what part of the car you want to change. I like to do new stuff to the interior.
new seats, floor mats, new sound system etc

Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

i argee with stick shift i like to change up the interior cause your always in the car. and get tired of seeing the same ol stuff.
I swapped a 99 civic cluster in to mine and its look totally diff from stock. its kinda like rearanging you bedroom....lol..

Old 05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

well..number 1...what year car is it? im assumming its a 88-91 since you said ZC and thats the most common car for that swap...

as for the ZC is it Single overhead cam or Dual over head cam? Makes a difference when you have to buy parts for it. If you don't want to crazy with it, then it looks like you got the basics covered. Rims, suspenssion, engine swap, intake, header, and exhaust. I dont know what more you could do to it.

Post some pictures up and im sure the feedback will be way more constructive!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM

EDIT: PICS DIDNT WORK, DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM ON THIS FORUM LINKS ARE AT THE BOTTOM
sorry guys. its a 91 SI i thought you guys might have realized from my username. anyways another thing i forgot to add.....its automatic.... dont hate, i had to get an auto so my wife could drive it but it was perfect for me because it has a supercharger on it so it still kinda suits my needs. the ZC is indeed a SOHC, im looking for more suggestions then anything just because its my daily i dont wanna really do much with the engine, it was dyno'd at 120 whp and 110 tq so its plenty for this car. maybe interior and a little exterior mods?? nothing that adds weight really though. i usually put subs in my cars but i dont know if i will in this one. what kind of suggestions do you guys have?
pics...
Name:  civic3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  82.9 KB
Name:  civic2.jpg
Size:  121.6 KB
Name:  civic1.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  64.3 KB
Name:  civic.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  74.4 KB

Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

[hr] change the IMG to img

Views: 107
Views: 101
Views: 105

Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

so wait..the zc is supercharged?...why would you only be making 120 hp?...

in my opinion that car looks awsome as is. The interior looks sick and everything. I would wash it and be proud..thats a very clean civic you have

lol..i foudn the supercharger..lol..took me a min[8D]

Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

here ya go

Views: 104
Views: 99
Views: 101
Views: 116

Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM

thanks guys. ill remember that for next time. i know its clean, but the thing is i didnt do ANY work to this car, and i dont usually do that, so im looking at doing SOMETHING that makes it my own, you know? btw the supercharger is running only at 4psi and its making those numbers its really frigging impressive to drive this thing, it put my 91 turbo MR2 to shame in acceleration for sure. so what do you guys think i could do thats not drastic but change it up a little. im not used to buying cars that are for the most part done. actually i never have.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

well...you can look into a JDM front end conversion, that would look sick, JDM fog lights...some Side markers...

check these sites out..they have a bunch of info

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1508680

as well as

www.fourthgenhatch.net

this is what a JDM front end conversion looks like. notice how the turn signal lights curve arround the bumper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new guy new car need help.