General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Rear Bumper/Exhaust Tip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Rear Bumper/Exhaust Tip

So today i went to Scrub-a-dub and at the end of the wash when the big blower things dry your car .. it like rip of my bumper cuz it wasn't being held by 1 screw .. i was pissed i put it back on and went back to my girlfriends and tightened it up where once screw had popped out .. now i can't fix it cuz its all messed up but when i was drivin i heard this weird vibration every time i let off the gas and had no idea what it was .. it was my exhaust vibration the plastic bumper ... the bumper was already messed up before i bought the car .... should i buy one of those ebay oem bumpers that they paint for you and mount it myself?? or should i just have it professionally done ???
BTW Scrub-a-dub sucks they cracked my windshield going through there .. now this wow

Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rear Bumper/Exhaust Tip

I dont think ebay is really OEM, its more "OEM like". If you want to keep the car for a wile, I say buy a true OEM one and check the scrap yard also for a deal, get it painted and you can put it on yourself.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Snail'n Admin

Honestly, most of the car washes around here have policies taht any stock part on acar that is damaged will be replaced by that business or else i am guessing they could have a lawsuit filed against them. So you could check into that

Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

really .. word .. i don't know about the junkyard thing tho i don't really trust the ones a ****ed up car you know??

Old 05-29-2007, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

if you're replacing bumpers, only go oem, trust me on this one, you'll regret it if you don't, and if you can find a bumper in good shape at a junkyard, then go for it, it's a lot cheaper than a bodyshop buying one for you.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

OEM, painted to match ftw, or check junkyards and find one thats already your car's paint code, thatd be prime. And the ebay "OEM" ones will probably have fitment problems and might not be bad quality, and defintely dont get fiberlgass, thats just about the wrost thing you could do [:'(]

Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

Junkyard bumpers are the best way to go. Just look around for one that wasnt in an accident, and have fun painting it yourself, or get it proffessionaly painted.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

Thats what i found its pretty cheap atleast from stayin away from the professional job don't you think?!?!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

i just made an offer for 200 i doubt they're gonna be willing but that would be cool

Old 05-30-2007, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

wow that really messed ur car up

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper/Exhaust Tip