General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

dont worry about what others say, if you like it all is good. but from experience most people that painted their interior pieces eventually got sick of it and want them black again

Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

lol you guys ar crazzyy! & I lovee It! Honesty is the best. Ricey yes it is! But oh well, it's already done. And an always be repleaced when I no longer want it. Or when I get my next honda which will be way better in every way! & nooo! I do not think anyone is being a dick or anything! Just speaking your minds! Like I am. And would.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:39 AM

ya i think the grill it to much. i have some bubble gum pink "same color you used" pin stripping if you want it you can have it.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:59 AM
shawty

Okay Lemme tell you & EVERYONE on the forum can tell you Especially Kenny and Reaper that I love pink and I mean I LOVEEEE pink I'm buying a pink handgun for gods sake but there is too much and your car wins the award for that,Honestly I'd choose the car in your link over your car b/c the interior of your car looks horrible and a pink paint job is way diff then opening a door to a car and BAM being smacked in the face with a whole lot of pink! . I didn't know painting your interior of a car was still an "in" thing to do?

BUT Like Kenny said it is your car and you have to drive it around.... Do you have any performance mods to your car? Or are they All Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements?

Edit: not trying to be mean...but you asked.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 AM

Okay, I'll throw in about two cents. Maybe more.

It's your car. In the end, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. But other drivers in the scene will take one look at your car and immediately judge you without knowing you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Let's take a look at this interior.

You have a theme going on. That's good. But I think you got a little too happy with the spray paint and you painted too much. We've had ricers on here in the past that painted using the same idea that every other piece of interior plastic has to be painted for it to look good or look different. You followed the same idea but I don't think it was your intention to make it ricey. It's okay, we've all been there.

I want to see more pictures of the interior. More specifically the top half. Did you paint the rear deck? Did you keep all the top half plastics pink and the bottom half plastics black for the most part?

In order to look forward to the future, sometimes you have to look to the past.

You had a good thing going on here, and if you ever decide to redo the interior, I'd like you to keep this in mind: Less is More. You don't need to paint everything. The speaker grilles need to be black. The vents need to be black. The center console needs to be black. You don't have to alternate colors everywhere to have a unique and sharp looking interior.

I like your exterior, minus the grille. Your pink badges are nice against the black exterior and the tinted tails are sick. But that grille needs to be two tone. The mesh needs to be black to make it look right/better. The edges can still be pink.

If I were gonna redo the thing in pink, I would do one of the following:

.:Option 1:.
Keep the upper and lower dash black. Keep the vents black. Keep the center console black. Have only the upper half of the car in pink, including headliner and visors. Keep pink accents on the seats and mats. Keep the door handles and cups black and keep the speaker grilles black. (Less is more.) Redo the door panel inserts with pink fabric. That's a much less glaring statement and it's really easy to do.

It's all about accenting what you have, not making it stand out and make a loud statement.

.:Option 2::.
If you really like pink that much, do a semi-Euro style two tone interior. Keep your top half of the interior pink like it is. Keep the upper dash black, vents and console included. The gauge cluster bezel can be pink too. Keep the door panels predominantly black. But paint the whole lower dash pink, not just the glove box. The lower console were the shifter is can be pink and so can the arm rest piece. It can also be black and still look good.

It's all about balancing your colors and keeping a theme going, not just painting alternating colors on most pieces. Keep one base color and use the secondary color as an accent.

The same goes for the exterior. The outside is doing pretty good so far. The car is black and you have pink accents. I would like to see a pink pinstripe on the sides and some sort of minor pink accents on whatever rims are on the car. I would like to see the mesh on the grille black too. This would make for a well balanced exterior.

Keep the same theory going for the interior and you can't go wrong.
Please take this all as constructive criticism.

If you want to look into redoing your door panels in pink, here is a good thread that will explain the process.
http://www.vancouvercivics.com/forum....php?tid=75843

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-11-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 AM
shawty

And make sure its all the same color pink

+1 to you mister hobo I couldnt of said it better my self being a pink lover and all

Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Well said Hobo!

My two cents: I would go black with EVERYTHING on the door, and then get a nice pink fabric to wrap the door inserts with. I think that'd look way more clean and you'd still have your pink flare

Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

ooooor since you love the look of rice. strip your interior to bare bones and rattle can it gloss pink. then take red mettalic flake clear and go over it. don't even worry bout puttin the interior pieces back in.

just messin with ya. hobos knows his shiz. euro styled interior is tight. 16 yr old styled interior isn't imho.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn Hobo wrote a whole friggin essay lmao OP i say just wrap the armrest, door inserts, and headliner in a pink fabric and keep the uper half (pillars and sun visors) pink. that would be hella nice and it wouldnt look over done like this does. Thats like a total of 4 options for you now lol

Old 06-11-2010, 01:51 PM

Yea, we don't really mean to offend you or anything. Please don't leave the forum over this.

I like WellFedHobo's ideas. They would look a lot of cleaner, but you would still get that pink that you like. Constructive criticism. We understand you like the pink but we want to help you with where to put it to make it look as good as possible.

Quick Reply: Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?