HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Question about 2 things... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/question-about-2-things-61793/)

akelkar 03-02-2008 07:00 PM

Question about 2 things...

Hey all,

1) I recently had my car, 2007 Civic LX Atomic Blue, repaired at a body shop for some serious dentage. but I noticed that the windows/wind shield had some grease (or I dont know what) thats on the glass. Its only visible at a certain angle or when seen against some light. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to clean the glass. I did a "works" touchless carwash but that didnt help. What products can I buy to clean the glass? I tried glass wipes but they didnt help.

2) There's been some vandalism to my car recently. Some car key scratches. Is there a security system I can install that will go off when someone touches it when its "armed"? Does such a thing exist? Would I want such a sensitive alarm system? I mean, it would probably go off when a leaf falls down on it. And it would annoy the other apartment dwellers.

thanks for your suggestions!!!

cyberx32 03-02-2008 07:41 PM

RE: Question about 2 things...

For the window, the grease might be from the inside of the car.And as for the alarm, no you dont want that, it would go off way too much and eventually kill your battery

Kommando 03-02-2008 10:52 PM

Clean both the inside and out of the windows with Windex or Glass Plus and some paper towels.

There are several alarms that will work. Most will give you a lot of false alarms from passing cars and whatnot though. There are vibe sensors as well as perimeter alarms. I used a perimeter alarm in my Jeep. It worked pretty well for keeping people out of the interior, but it took a lot of trial and error to get it adjusted about right.

akelkar 03-03-2008 05:09 AM

Thanks.

So basically, there is no way of knowing when someone scratches my car.

Also, I was thinking of getting remote start installed. I'm guessing the prices will now come down since winter is almost over. Nobody wants remote start in the summer! I've only heard of Viper kits. Are there any other?

Thanks.

DelawareDon 03-03-2008 06:24 AM

There are tons of different kits out there. Also, prices will probably not come down. Remote start kits are useful in the summer as well, particularly in hot climates. People use them to start their A/C and cool down the interior of the car before getting into it during very hot weather.

cyberx32 03-03-2008 10:00 AM

well remote starts have ben out for a couple of years now (i would know i bought it when they had just came out) So the prices have gone down a lot.....but if you want a pager with it, the price does go up.
And you can always put a camera to record your car and hope to catch whoever is doing that.

akelkar 03-03-2008 10:10 AM

Thing is...i live in an apartment complex. So I dont necessarily get the same spot every time. I guess I can pick a spot that no one ever parks in, but thats kinda far away from all the buildings.

akelkar 03-04-2008 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

well remote starts have ben out for a couple of years now (i would know i bought it when they had just came out) So the prices have gone down a lot.....but if you want a pager with it, the price does go up.
And you can always put a camera to record your car and hope to catch whoever is doing that.

Hey cyberx32, what kind of remote start kit do you have? Do u have a GPS tracker with it? Who is the manufacturer?

cyberx32 03-04-2008 04:51 PM

No gps on my remote, but its a two way pager. So if the alarm starts the pager starts beeping. Theres lots of models out there, but viper is one of the best ones. prices can run from 300 to 500. I think i saw something from another company that had gps, but price was 1000 for that one.

addiction2bass 03-04-2008 05:09 PM

ya no way to protect your car from scratches...

overspray can look like a haze or fog.... you said grease tho....
JUST A MAYBE...

BUT if youve had body work on your car... it could be clear coat overspray... if its on the windows and you dont have aftermarket tint on the windows a razor blade will scrap the overspray right off.....

if you dont want to do it yourself go back to the body shop and have them remove the overspray since its there fault....