HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   this is really hard to see..ehhhh (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/really-hard-see-ehhhh-65529/)

vertech0 05-18-2008 07:32 PM

this is really hard to see..ehhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmjV...eature=related

Mr Mobsta Man 05-18-2008 07:38 PM

RE: this is really hard to see..ehhhh

This has been going on for awhile and there are quite a few threads already made about it. It isn't hard to watch because the owners of the cars where idiots. Don't street race and don't steal your car parts and they will not crush your car.

sir_bobos 05-18-2008 07:51 PM

It's hard to watch in that it's a good looking car but as above, if they obeyedthe laws and just take it to the strip then they'd still be banging in thier Civic.

KarTuneMan 05-18-2008 08:06 PM

I LOVE IT......:D

ej6buddy 05-18-2008 08:17 PM

i'd much rather watch this than reality bull**** on tv these days (i.e. tila tequila (sp?))

trustdestruction 05-18-2008 08:34 PM

oh man, at least take off the rims and sell them or something. lol. the government could bring in some revenue by selling the nice parts on those cars and then crushing whats left.

addiction2bass 05-19-2008 05:45 AM

ya but the way they look at it if they sell the racing parts..... well that just continues the cause..... hell ive know some people that got there trucks impounded for drug reasons and they where at the auctions buying there trucks back...

dont get me wrong i hate to see the nice parts crushed as well! id rather see them part out the car BUT that just fuels racing.... people can say they dont street race but in fact 99% of people probably do. im not talking about full out street race but if ya jump a guy or old women at a light then techinicaly that is racing.LOL even if you just by yourself going fast or taking turns hard. it is racing and the chance of bad things happening is there.

if i was around that area... you know what job i would love to do?....... id be puting in to be the car crusher guy ;) the claw, fork truck driver what ever.... i wanna jack up these nice cars from stupid owners!
hell id probably pay them to do that job. that would be fun.... bring the kids bring one bring all, hell let them hit the switch and make the car owners stand there and watch as part of there sentence..... actualy watching your car get crushed while a little kid or old man pushes the crush button.... LMFAO then hes got his friends laughing cause he just got his car crushed by the old man down the street or some little kid.LMFAO i think that would be far more effective than just taking there cars! at least MAKE THEM WATCH!

SilverSedan 05-19-2008 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

oh man, at least take off the rims and sell them or something. lol. the government could bring in some revenue by selling the nice parts on those cars and then crushing whats left.
On the one hand I agree, but think of this...if they did sell the parts they they are just perpetuating the very thing they are trying to stop. I know if I could get my hands on a cheap exhaust/rims/etc I'd go for it, but I also know I have a heavy enough foot in a stocker 1997... more go-fast mods just mean more expensive tickets for me then.

Mr Mobsta Man 05-19-2008 12:01 PM

There is a video on youtube I think that interviews some of the racers. Most of them say that they will just buy another car and continue to do it.

bigmikew1 05-19-2008 12:10 PM

wooooww lol. i wanna see the videos of the interviews.

addiction2bass 05-19-2008 02:24 PM

ya most of them didnt work for there cars anyways.... just got a check from momie and dadie and paid for all the work to be done on the car......

now if they really worked for the parts and car with there own money then they would change there mind!

vertech0 05-19-2008 03:49 PM

^^ agreed addictionbass. as far as the video, i think there doing good by crushing, and street racing is bs, its just hard to see a nice car like that get crushed. want to race, take it to a track, dont be riskin other ppls lives to proves whos car is faster.

Tommo87 05-19-2008 04:09 PM

Really guys go RIP((don't buy)can i say that) a dvd called 2fast 2real, in this video you will see that jail does not deter these people so loosing a car aint gonna stop em. Basically this vid shows what happens when you have;
kids+mummy/daddys cash+car = t***s putting our lives at risk.

On a closing note there are some very quick cars on this,i got a feeling i'm gonna go rotary next,lol.

civicn00b 05-19-2008 04:41 PM

I dont feel bad for those guys at all, illegal street racing is immature and irresponsible, no better than drinking at driving. They may still want to race even though their cars got crushed but by the time they get another car trix it out and get it taken away again they are off the street for a little while.

hatch46580 05-19-2008 04:50 PM

looks pretty good all lowered, with no top lol....
<<<<<<street racers please see my avatar.

addiction2bass 05-19-2008 05:52 PM

what they should do now that i think about it is once youve been labled a street racer... they should do random vehicle inspections... ;)

macbeth18288 05-19-2008 07:07 PM

Well anyone stupid enough to street race deserves to get their car crushed
there's no way that they can say: they didn't think they would get in trouble with the cops, or that they didn't think that they would hurt someone
I mean come on!
Fixing your car up is something
But racing around town like you own the place, come on

vertech0 05-20-2008 12:02 PM

addictionbas, they are doin something like that in the south. i saw a video on it. they check your motor and acually give you tickets for having a "upgraded" motor. i dont think thats right eather, not everyone that has a upgraded motor street races....but the few ruin it for all i guess =(

ej6buddy 05-20-2008 12:19 PM

what area??

or states?

addiction2bass 05-20-2008 01:01 PM

ya but other vehicles with more HP are often more money than most tuners can spend.LOL

vertech0 05-20-2008 06:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHR-U...eature=related

^^ thats for you ej6buddy. Riverside is the town i guess.

ej6buddy 05-20-2008 08:08 PM

wow, that's funny, they're pulling over mini trucks and old school station wagons (and PT cruisers) to see if they've been street racing just by checking for license and registration. and like he said, the modified cars were the exception to all of the arrests that were made. the only way to see if someone is truely street racing is catching them in the act. anything else is just wasted effort, imo.

addiction2bass 05-21-2008 02:04 PM

ya having a strut bar and air intake.... wow hes a street racer. LMFAO what i idiot cop!
hell hes got the factory exaust manifold.LOL

dam guess my 99 is prime street racing. LMFAO

cyberx32 05-21-2008 08:14 PM

Damn yeah i hate driving by there (if its by chicago) thats where they did a u turn just to catch up to me and tell me my blue corners where not legal (and gave me a nice ticket lol)

bigmikew1 05-22-2008 09:04 AM

wow jus becaused there car was modified they are arresting them. so if they sed they take their car to race tracks would they still get in trouble?

ej6buddy 05-22-2008 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: bigmikew1

wow jus becaused there car was modified they are arresting them. so if they sed they take their car to race tracks would they still get in trouble?
no,no,no, did you watch the video, they were doing traffic stops and theydetained themif the driver didn't have a license or valid registration (that doesn't mean they're under arrest). they did fine the people that have illegal modifications on they're car, which i think they deserve it, if they're going to do something to a multi ton vehicle, have the dignity to do it right and under the law.

bigmikew1 05-22-2008 09:12 AM

yea i know but u sed illegal mods. the guy had an intake and a strut bar lol. i guess they have laws against it in that state.

addiction2bass 05-22-2008 10:30 AM

the intake would only if it wasnt CARB aproved... but thats more for smog testing states....

reaper2022 05-22-2008 10:47 AM

"If you're not street racing, why would you need more power under the hood?"

What.... The.... F**K.

I honestly can't f**king stand this mentality. Why the hell do people buy vipers? Why do cars like the Saleen S7 and Bugatti Veyron exist? Of course you don't need the extra power. But it's nice to f**king know you have it.

Personally, I lay 95% of the blame with the Fast & the Furious movies... they're the things that sparked this whole "street racing is cool" mentality amongst the mainstream culture. And I'm putting the other 5% of the blame on the street-racing f**ktards.

Oh, and apparently my civic is the ultimate street racing machine according to the video.

This is a great f**king country when you can't even enjoy a hobby like modifying cars anymore. Look at the legislation they were trying to pass a while back that would require modified cars to get special inspections and such... I know that the laws didn't pass and never will, but the fact that the government is even trying p**ses me the f**k off. I love how we get labeled as street racers by ignorant-a**ed people just because we modify our cars.

(and how the f**k does inconveniencing thousands of people over a 6-hour period make Riverside a safer place? Did they actually accomplish anything? I didn't think so)

vertech0 05-22-2008 11:07 AM

i agree with you reaper. this country is going downhill...badly. i have some mods done to my car, but like you said, its just kinda there to know that you do have that power under the hood, dosent always mean your gona use it. and if you look at the big picture, its all these teenage kids putting tin cans on the back and a airinake and goin to the street and racing. if you see a lagitament guy that has put hard work and money into his car dosent race it like the other ppl do. theres an 00 civic si around town where i live, hes got the thing loaded, and hes one of the safest drivers around in my opinion, even some of the ppl with sti's i see. not reving up the motor and trying to act cool. idk, im sick of all this, its all what ahould be right and what should be wrong today, no fun here in the USA.

so i would problay think these would deff. pass the checkpoint..haha
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/123/1.jpg

http://www.tunedbycft.com/imgs/upfrnt/002.jpg