General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

this is really hard to see..ehhhh

Old 05-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Default RE: this is really hard to see..ehhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHR-U...eature=related

^^ thats for you ej6buddy. Riverside is the town i guess.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

wow, that's funny, they're pulling over mini trucks and old school station wagons (and PT cruisers) to see if they've been street racing just by checking for license and registration. and like he said, the modified cars were the exception to all of the arrests that were made. the only way to see if someone is truely street racing is catching them in the act. anything else is just wasted effort, imo.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya having a strut bar and air intake.... wow hes a street racer. LMFAO what i idiot cop!
hell hes got the factory exaust manifold.LOL

dam guess my 99 is prime street racing. LMFAO

Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

Damn yeah i hate driving by there (if its by chicago) thats where they did a u turn just to catch up to me and tell me my blue corners where not legal (and gave me a nice ticket lol)

Old 05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

wow jus becaused there car was modified they are arresting them. so if they sed they take their car to race tracks would they still get in trouble?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bigmikew1

wow jus becaused there car was modified they are arresting them. so if they sed they take their car to race tracks would they still get in trouble?
no,no,no, did you watch the video, they were doing traffic stops and theydetained themif the driver didn't have a license or valid registration (that doesn't mean they're under arrest). they did fine the people that have illegal modifications on they're car, which i think they deserve it, if they're going to do something to a multi ton vehicle, have the dignity to do it right and under the law.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

yea i know but u sed illegal mods. the guy had an intake and a strut bar lol. i guess they have laws against it in that state.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Recognized HCF Member

the intake would only if it wasnt CARB aproved... but thats more for smog testing states....

Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Super Cereal Admin

"If you're not street racing, why would you need more power under the hood?"

What.... The.... F**K.

I honestly can't f**king stand this mentality. Why the hell do people buy vipers? Why do cars like the Saleen S7 and Bugatti Veyron exist? Of course you don't need the extra power. But it's nice to f**king know you have it.

Personally, I lay 95% of the blame with the Fast & the Furious movies... they're the things that sparked this whole "street racing is cool" mentality amongst the mainstream culture. And I'm putting the other 5% of the blame on the street-racing f**ktards.

Oh, and apparently my civic is the ultimate street racing machine according to the video.

This is a great f**king country when you can't even enjoy a hobby like modifying cars anymore. Look at the legislation they were trying to pass a while back that would require modified cars to get special inspections and such... I know that the laws didn't pass and never will, but the fact that the government is even trying p**ses me the f**k off. I love how we get labeled as street racers by ignorant-a**ed people just because we modify our cars.

(and how the f**k does inconveniencing thousands of people over a 6-hour period make Riverside a safer place? Did they actually accomplish anything? I didn't think so)

Old 05-22-2008, 11:07 AM

i agree with you reaper. this country is going downhill...badly. i have some mods done to my car, but like you said, its just kinda there to know that you do have that power under the hood, dosent always mean your gona use it. and if you look at the big picture, its all these teenage kids putting tin cans on the back and a airinake and goin to the street and racing. if you see a lagitament guy that has put hard work and money into his car dosent race it like the other ppl do. theres an 00 civic si around town where i live, hes got the thing loaded, and hes one of the safest drivers around in my opinion, even some of the ppl with sti's i see. not reving up the motor and trying to act cool. idk, im sick of all this, its all what ahould be right and what should be wrong today, no fun here in the USA.

so i would problay think these would deff. pass the checkpoint..haha
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/123/1.jpg

http://www.tunedbycft.com/imgs/upfrnt/002.jpg