General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

RIP Civic - Car stolen

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

seems like something your insurance would pay for ???. is the car in one piece does it run did they arrest anybody can you sue said person in small claims court. regardless i would assume its your responsibility for towing which sucks but thats the way the cookie crumbles. also if i was you i would get a proximity sensor car alarm installed because they will be back im sure they wouldn't know the new car has a imobilizer and attempt to steal it causing major damage in the process.

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 01-30-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

If the insurance co. paid you a claim on the theft, then it's their car and they can pick it up and do with it whatever they want. If not, do you have towing on your insurance policy? If so, turn in a claim after you pick it up and pay the bill. I know this all sucks big time, but on your next car you need to put in some kind of theft system. Also maybe a tracking device like the lowjack? or whatever it's called. I personally like the kill switch the best. It can be installed on any year regardless of electronics. If a thief cranks and cranks with no start, he will leave so as not to draw attention to his activity.
I feel your pain, as I went through the same thing 46 years ago when my '67 Camaro was stolen while my wife and I were in the movies. Came out after 2 hours and it was gone. When we reported it to the police they told us to come to the station to fill out a report. Funny, but we had no way to get there. Police could have cared less. The car was recovered 4 days later sitting outside a bar with the engine running. One cop got in it and drove it back to the station. Good tires and wheels had been replaced with bald snow tires on rusty rims, but everything else was fine. After that I put in a kill switch and got my personal carry permit and a .357. Good luck.
Duane