General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

rude awakening

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: rude awakening

ya the fuel pump was switched off but they pushed the car into the back lane and tried to start it there but had no luck with that. ignition was popped, car was on and in gear when i found it. if someone really wants your car, youre rightthey could use a flatbed and take it away like that. hopefully the 2way alram can handle that and let me know if it were happening.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:06 PM

maybe also a tracker, here it brings your insurance down, and if they do manage to steal it you can always follow the trail

Old 06-16-2007, 11:27 AM

sh!!!!!!!t man glad to hear u got it back tho. i kinda know how u felt, i love my civic talk about it all time, love em! (which pisses the gf off) lol spend more money onit dan nefin.

neway few months ago sum little c*nts bricked my EG civic totally wrecked it, i have white to bluepealecent paint job one off colour. they hit the top of my car where its doubled skim'd and dents cant be popped out. Then, few months on the same little ******* go for my car again kick and dent the door, nice crack in the paint, alarm goes off and i catch em, end up avin little fight in street with cuple of em, blah blah...but ting dat reli sux is i dont have paint code and colour cant be matched so car has to be totally resprayed roofs going rusty and im on 500 pounds a month apprentice wage for toyota

lol theres my sad civic story, so any donations to get my civic back to looking good would be appreciated :P

Old 06-16-2007, 12:56 PM

I'm glad I live in a town with virtually no crime. I used to steal crap with my friends before I had a car..and yes..people can get anything with a little planning. We used to get gas from big boats on the ruch side of town, which isnt too bad but is still wrong and I deserved to get caught, I just never did. I've seen a Jeep put on blocks and a lift kit being stolen out from under it and 15 inch subs being taken from audio shops on skateboards. The best thing you can do is have your car locked up in a garage. When I leave town or something i chain my rims to my fence and have a viper alarm with the horn unhooked (so it wont make any noise but wont start up if its tripped). It also helps to have a lot of noisy crap around your car or anything that you dont want stolen. Theives tend to jet when they make a little nose. I have four sets of locking lugs, four different lugs on each wheel. Anyhow, I'm glad you got your car back and hope you get everything sorted out

Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well with the chains... bolt cutters lug nut locks.... simply using a air gun and a striped bolt socket... those things RULE for rusted and rounded heads... just has teeth and DIGS into the metal and BITES.

but good thing they didnt get it! i just have my paging alarm system self instaled and done preaty good id say.... never any problems... but i also park in a garage and also have a bright @SS led....

PLUS to steal my stereo.... well lets just say you beter bring the right tools. LMFAO my temp floating amp rack... welded steel and a WIDE HEAVY steel brace behind my mdf... as well as NOT a socket bolt or a screwdriver screws....
and radio is straped in very well.. long bolts also no socket or screwdriver and fine thread.......

some simple uncommon bolts or screws can work WONDERS on equipment stealing.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Stealing is not right kokasian.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 PM
mud
HCF Member

Think someone could post up a diy on making a kill switch? I wouldnt mind having one in my car. I've also read a diy about making a seperate key type thing that you could hide that I'll have to see if I can find again and post, might come in usefull.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well again just remember a kill switch is only good when you remember to flip the switch off. if you just happen to forget to flip the switch.... your risking BYE BYE......

i think a smart kill switch..... would be powered thru your parking lights..... that way most people just think... o DAYTIME DRIVING LIGHTS..... those suck.... BUT if someone tried jacken your car they would NEVER think about turning on the headlights.. expetialy at night when breaking into the car

just an idea tho.... no one would be none the smarter when trying to steal your ride

Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

i think i'm gonna put a gate up in my driveway to deter thieves. i had to postpone my alarm installation and i must say i am very pleased with my ins company. the same day by 2pm the car was at a shop and i had a rental car. as well i will get my $300 deductible waived cuz of the kill switch that stopped them from taking the whole car, shweeeet! my next stereo will be bolted down really well with somefabriation in order to not be able to take it so easily. gonna try some uncommon bolts and screws and what not. and sorry to hear about you civic projektcivicturbz, that sounds like a lousy deal. hope you got your licks in. oh and i think i'm gonna tryto get a gps tracker, anyone have any suggestions?

Old 06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

PLUS to steal my stereo.... well lets just say you beter bring the right tools. LMFAO my temp floating amp rack... welded steel and a WIDE HEAVY steel brace behind my mdf... as well as NOT a socket bolt or a screwdriver screws....
and radio is straped in very well.. long bolts also no socket or screwdriver and fine thread.......

some simple uncommon bolts or screws can work WONDERS on equipment stealing.
My brother had his stereo very well bolted, however damn bastards just got a freaking chisel and destroyed the whole dashboard to steal it[:@]

Quick Reply: rude awakening