HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   SE/sound systems/AC (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/se-sound-systems-ac-46954/)

toyota vs honda 06-25-2007 09:36 AM

SE/sound systems/AC

Hi,
What does SE mean,"Special Edition" or Sport Edition?" (reffering to '06/'07)
In refference to '06/'07's,which have the best sound systems?I am assuming the EX but mybe the LX-SE?Is there such a car?

Also,do '07 LX have stock aluminum alloy wheels?

Next,regarding the AC.Is it just pot luck per car?There are several complaints on this site about the Civic's AC being way too chllenged for such a hot "advanced" car.Is this a Honda problem period?

Thanks!

toyota vs honda 07-04-2007 07:04 PM

RE: SE/sound systems/AC

Hey y'all,are these LAME questions I have?Please don't hold back.I really am new to Civics period.I sensethat either I amasking very obviously ansered questions or..piontless ones??I have no idea.Just want info on '06/'07 Civic sound systems.

Thanks!

Roadkillboy0 07-05-2007 08:47 AM

honestly i dont know know the answer to the questions but i think that SE means Special edition. and just to let you know that there is no such thing as a stupid question iin my book

s2000gtx 07-05-2007 09:29 AM

when it come to honda u can mix and match watever u want Online adn stuff. since ur car is an 06/07 the Lx shouldnt come with alloy wheel unless it was custom build or special order but that just my opinion. i knwo the DX dosnt come with Alloy, Lx ( may or may not) EXcome with allow and the SI come alloy. and i think SE mean special edition. and im basing my opnion from the honda.com website. i click on build and Price and from what i can see the Lx doesnt come with alloy wheel and SE means speical edition

bpapa 07-05-2007 10:18 AM

I seriously doubt the '06/'07's A/C is challenged in any way! The thread I think you are talking about refers to much older civics.

toyota vs honda 07-07-2007 08:15 PM

Thanks y'all BUT what about the SOUND SYSTEMS?? LOL! If I m not mistaken,there different quality stereos/speakers in various Civics,no?I have read,I think,that coupes have "better" sound systems?Are these ANY coupes or only the EX's? Regardless,are stock top of the line(whatever they are)Civic stereos as good as after market stuff?

Thanks

bpapa 07-08-2007 01:09 PM

I've never liked stock systems even if they are pretty high end. I would prefer to get a basic stereo in a new car that's not hella integrated into other systems so I can just rip it out, sell it, and put in something aftermarket I know I will like. Stock stereos even if they are really bad @$$ tend to be more expensive to upgrade (aux inputs, iPod connectors, bluetooth, etc.) unless they come with it, and stock stereos that include all that stuff are generally more $$$ in option packages than you would spend on an aftermarket equivalent IMHO...

You have to be looking at Acura, BMW, Audi, etc. before you'll find stock systems that are worth keeping if ur really serious about sound.

Type RB 07-08-2007 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: toyota vs honda

Thanks y'all BUT what about the SOUND SYSTEMS?? LOL! If I m not mistaken,there different quality stereos/speakers in various Civics,no?I have read,I think,that coupes have "better" sound systems?Are these ANY coupes or only the EX's? Regardless,are stock top of the line(whatever they are)Civic stereos as good as after market stuff?
As bpapa said, stock systems are not what you're after if you're serious about sound. Having said that, I see no reason to run right out and replace a stock deck if it does what you need it to do. You can build a system off a stock deck, but once you reach a certain point, you'll probably be wanting something aftermarket, with lots of bling and bells & whistles. But hey - you should be driving the car instead of fiddlin' with the stereo anyway.

The difference between a coupe's system and a sedan or hatchback is purely acoustics, unless there's a difference in equipment. From the factory, all of the stereos will pretty much be the same, unless some kind of 'premium sound system' is indicated, then it's not even a contest. But between the difference chassis, there shouldn't be a difference in equipment. Coupes tend to have less interior space as well as acoustic traps as the HBs and sedans. That's the big difference.

I Only Drive Honda 07-08-2007 09:51 PM

Hmm, im not sure about the newer ones, but my mom has an 2000 Honda Acord Se sedan, and the SE does stand for special edition. It comes with allow wheels, and decent stock speakers{i belive there pioneers} and I havent seen any problem with the ac.
I know this doesnt help any but just puttin it out there[:o]

toyota vs honda 07-10-2007 06:40 AM

Thanks everybody! This helps.Oh yeah,maybe it would be easier layout wise,to install whoofers in the rear of a coupe?I've seen this but never in a sedan.