General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ready for sum mods on my b18

Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 AM
HCF Member
Default ready for sum mods on my b18

well im ready to start moding up my b18 first i have to get the type r tranny rebuilt but its losing second gear. but i am wondering wat are sum easy ways besides turbo to get sum serious power outa this thing and i want to put new cams it in wat is a good cam and do i have to worry about losing vac presser to my brakes when i do this?

Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: ready for sum mods on my b18

what b series is it?

A1, B1, C1 or C5?

popular cams include blox, skunk2 racing and (if you can afford it) toda racing.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 AM
HCF Member

its a b18 c1

Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

obviously, you'll need the vtec version of the cams. like I said, any of the three previously mentioned would be a good upgrade.

I met a guy at a recent integra meet that had a b18 with toda racing cams and it SCREAMED!

You could also look at some Spoon sports (way more expensive than all the above mentioned) or Crower cams or Edlebrock (which are both cheaper). But you'll probably have to fine tune your engine after installing the new cams.

You may also want to eventually look into new engine management altogether, which is also pricey.

Since you have a b18c, you might want to look into a Comptech Racing icebox intake that makes dramatic gains at the wheel, as well as a quality header and a larger 2.5 catback exhaust which will open up your engine's breathing capabilities. but all this stuff costs major money.

If I were you I would go for the intake first (definitely an icebox system) because of the money and work involved with dropping in new cams. but that's only my opinion.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 AM
HCF Member

If the engine is not in the car right now, I would rebuild it. You can rebuild it with a higher compression or lower compression depending on if you want to go N/A or FI. If you don't want to tear the engine apart, I would get cams that have more aggressive grind but to do that you will also need to change the valve springs. If the engine isn't in the car it is a great time to do engine work as it will be alot less time consuming compared to if the engine was in the car.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
HCF Member

te motor is in the car right now. and i have a cold air intake. and i have a skunk2 intake on it type r fuleinjectors. a set of jasma headers and a 2.5 exhaust and a highflow cat so the only thing next to do i guess is drop in a nice set of cams and get it tuned very well i wana be pushing atlest 270 to both frount tires but the end of winter all motor..

Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

270 at the wheels is attainable but won't be easy normally-aspirated. Get ready to shell out some dough.

Honda Tuning has been running a technical series regarding Edyn Tuning's ability to create a 300 horsepower (at the crank) 2.0 liter B series, and that's after heavily building up the engine starting with a larger 2.0 liter Dart block.

the reason they use the dart block because of it's ability to withstand cylinder wall flexing at high compression at high rpm to reach the 300 hp threshold. and they still had to custom modify the block with extra aluminum welds to shore up the block's closed deck design.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

get a throtle body since u have the intake mani, u will feel some dif. Thats wat i did when i bought my car it had the skunk2 mani. Ive wanted those skunk2 cams for soooo long but just can't get the cash toghether

Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Toda cams are hard to come by, some of them. Maybe some crower cams or buddy club cams