HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   so what do you guys think of my civic so far...? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/so-what-do-you-guys-think-my-civic-so-far-42150/)

stefo 04-12-2007 06:29 PM

so what do you guys think of my civic so far...?

its just a start so far and im not planning on any engine work until i hit atleast 100 000 miles im at 68 000 right now so yeah ... :-D but here it goes be honest and tell me what you guys think... i am plannin on getting a rear lip too and then getting the frotn rear and side skirts w/ mudflaps painted to match the color... its a 00 civic ex 4dr 5 speed ;-D since engine is stock i left the picture out of it

[IMG]local://upfiles/15011/284E7ADF9D4548CCB5BFC5CE419779D8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15011/C05BC1B798424F7597E6A00060E064E1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15011/20260B1D8DFA421A877FD10870F7D74C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15011/87DC8DD4E19740759E7D65463A0CC2F6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15011/AFB82F9A28D547518C1B4FC901B11113.jpg[/IMG]

Obligatory 04-12-2007 06:52 PM

RE: so what do you guys think of my civic so far...?

black rims without chrome lip aren't for me, but otherwise looking good.
does that model come with leather seating or did you install?

ic892003 04-12-2007 06:53 PM

imo get the lip painted and lose the black rims and go tosilver, jus my opinion

TBon3 04-12-2007 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Obligatory

black rims without chrome lip aren't for me, but otherwise looking good.
+1

Yeah, I'm loving the seats.

stefo 04-12-2007 07:26 PM

no they didnt come with leather seats no civics did but the pervious owner took it to some company and had them redone they are really comfy... haha and the rims are fat fives they are really dirty in that picture but they are balck with orange and gold sparkles they really shine nicely when cleaned and match the car... im also getting the lip painted as soon as i get enough money to get a rear then imma do it all at once and make it look nice... i also plan on getting a window tint 20% this summer... but 160 dolalrs :-./ pretty penny for something illegal haha

Live_4it 04-12-2007 07:48 PM

you could just get therear sidesand rear window done...I don't think thats illegal in any state. Thats what I got on mine. It actually came with all the windows tinted but I had to get it stripped off the windshield and driver/passenger side's :(. Atleast I got it done for free by the guy who sold it to me.

stefo 04-12-2007 08:04 PM

yeah i dont know about that i mena if i was to do that id just get 5% all around and when it come to the driver and passanger window get 20% that would look bad ass but i think in NC you cant go below 35% anywhere i know on trucks youre allowed to go as low as you wnat to so yeah... i love my civic haha i also want a front grill im love the SI front grill it doesnt have those layed looking lines just the H in the middle i like that a lot ... woudl it fit into my grill because isnt the 99-00 SI front diff fro mthe ex and other 99-00?

Live_4it 04-12-2007 08:10 PM

oh your talking percent wise....ya i dunno. I think they would only hassle you if you got the windshield and driver/passenger windows heavily tinted. Mines pretty light(you can tell by the picture) so ya thats prolly why it's legit.

stefo 04-12-2007 08:22 PM

yeah i just want to have them tinted bc i saw this gld accord with black rims lowered had a front lip and the tint fit the car so nicly ... i was like oh **** haha but yeah what do you think of the car so far?

streetheat 04-12-2007 10:02 PM

Good start man

FlipHKD720 04-12-2007 10:07 PM

paint the lip, take the front license plate off, trade the rims for either black w/ polisehd lip or just some silver, and you'd be set! haha just my opinon (you asked)

Other than that good start man! Good idea with the lip kit, lovin the interior too! Keep it up :)

Live_4it 04-12-2007 10:42 PM

The rims are nice. I think once you get your car tinted and did something like tint your headlights or buy new headlights that are black/tinted, same with taillights and/or black front lip it would look more balanced and gel together.

James^ 04-12-2007 11:01 PM

Bump for a clean sedan!

Get Slips instead!

hondapwr 04-13-2007 02:26 AM

2nd that throw so rotas on that b**** get some coilovers nice start though

stefo 04-13-2007 06:10 AM

thanks im loving the slips but currently im trying to save up some money bc i want to get a truck or a bike this summer so yeah maybe next yr haha but thanks guys

4doorcivic9 04-13-2007 06:29 AM

nice ride, just take off license plate on front, LOWER IT!! do it and black wheels will look sick. Before you get tint, seriously lower it.

But just a question...why do you want to wait till you get 100k on ur motor before you do anything to it? Kinda dumb imo.

Forty04 04-13-2007 06:32 AM

Definitely needs a drop, other than that and getting the lips painted (which you said you were going to do) I dig it. I <3 Sedans!

My04Civic 04-13-2007 07:23 AM

it will look pretty sweet, if you listen to everyone here and drop that baby

johnny 04-13-2007 08:19 AM

Nice. im liking the rims.

stefo 04-13-2007 01:20 PM

thanks i like my rims too and im not planning on changing my rims but my cousin ahs some rotas for sale for 500 but kinda pricy so imma stick with my fat fives and im waiting till i hit 100 000 bc by then i should be done with college have a good paying job and plus sounds like a great timing for a rebuild so yeah

Obligatory 04-13-2007 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720
take the front license plate off,

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9
nice ride, just take off license plate on front,
not to hijack his thread, but this does sound like I pretty good idea...I never thought of it for my civic.
is it legal everywhere? :D

stefo 04-13-2007 10:26 PM

lol youre not hijacking this thread but in some states you are required to have a front plate in north carolina youre not... my front plate says HONDA on it and i just dont feel like taking it off yet haha but yeah next time you see a cop somewhere go up to him and ask him if you can do it and what will happen if you do do it so yeah

Obligatory 04-13-2007 10:33 PM

well someone told me it is indeed illegal in Texas...
but i know my friends jaguar doesn't have a front plate.

I doubt cops go around looking for people with no front liscense plate.

BillyB98 04-14-2007 12:21 AM

IMO i like the rims and the lip kit. The only thing i can say is drop that bad boy!!

stefo 04-14-2007 09:29 AM

haha yeah drop i noticed haha but how low would you guys say? i dont want to be scraping when i turn the streering wheel all the way you know.... and i mean if a cop sees you without a front plate he might just warn you but lets say youre speeding get pulled over and he sees you dont have it than you get another ticket for no reason ... talk to some more people maybe you can get put it in your front windsheild like on the dash... you know what i mean

addiction2bass 04-14-2007 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: stefo

i also want a front grill im love the SI front grill it doesnt have those layed looking lines just the H in the middle i like that a lot ... woudl it fit into my grill because isnt the 99-00 SI front diff fro mthe ex and other 99-00?

the SI grill screws right up to the EX bumper ;)
thats what i got ;)

the SI grill is a 2 piece grill.... make sure ya buy both pieces ;) the middle black grill material and the painted trim cover... i bought mine used off ebay for ruffly 50-75bucks... just had to paint it with a spray can ;)

hondapwr 04-14-2007 01:17 PM

get nippons there way cheaper than rotas but they look the same

Mossy 04-14-2007 01:41 PM

I never thought of it for my civic.
is it legal everywhere?
i had to go to court for it once, so i would suggest checking first. if you're keeping the rims black, i actually kind of like the look of the black lip and skirts. also go with an eibach sportline kit. gives a good ride and that 2" drop should be just about right

stefo 04-14-2007 02:22 PM

oh yeah im prolly going to keep these fat fives for now unless someone offers to buy them haha but yeah ... well i want to paint the side skirts mud flaps and rear lip w/ the front lip to match the paint i think it wouldnt stick out as much and thats what im aiming for... for it to look really nice but not to attract people who dont really know anything... hah so yeah and im really loving the SI style grill a lot haha but its kinda pricy compaired to the other rip off grills on ebay... dont you guys think?

addiction2bass 04-14-2007 02:45 PM

to me OEM is the only way to go with the grill.... its made to fitt PERFECTLY and last a long time! just keep an eye out for a used one on ebay... but you can get them new for like 120-150bucks
i believe they are worth the money! im glad i got mine! makes it look awhole lot beter in the front end!!!

tho id still love to have a billet grill in the upper and lower grill opening! but no one makes them :( so its gotta be straight custom :(

tho i would ditch the solid black rims.... or just paint em like gunmetal or something...
i didnt realize they where rims till i looked closer.LOL

stefo 04-14-2007 04:11 PM

haha yeah the SI grill looks really nice on your civic hah they are fat fives but they are realyl dirty and oily ... :-( its been raining a lot so i dont clean them at all but when they are clean abnd the sun hits it they shine really nice and have gold and orange spakles and it makes the cars really nicely... i guess its just one of those things that you ahve to actually see to like haha

addiction2bass 04-14-2007 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ya but picture this.... some thinly spaced BILLET bars.... ;)
tell me this wouldnt look sick!!!!!! (in a good way)

Attachment 36324

and id also do around my fog lights as well with some bars....
i think that would look very sweet!!!!!

i realy wanna try it if i can find some cheap enough billet to work with.... my only problem will be puting it all together....
and if it doesnt turn out good ill have to buy a new SIbackgrill... cause ya cannt use a EX grill cause of how its made it wouldnt fit right :(
if anyone finds some cheap billet bars let me know....
i realy wanna try this out this summer.... best part about it is just like my taillights NO ONE MAKES THEM so its the PERFECT CUSTOMIZATION that no one else will know HOWD HE DO THAT>>>>> OR WHERED HE BUY THOSE FROM.... WOW THATS NICE....
ya know ;)

civicblend97 04-14-2007 10:37 PM

i like the car and the rims but i say drop it

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...100_0014-2.jpg
thats a 2.5 in drop with skunk2 springs, i dont have that many scraping problems if i go over speed bumps at more then a crawl my cat scraps, i noticed the other day my muffler was scratched up bad on the tip and bottom of the can

u been crusing in high point any the last 2 weekends i was there this past friday and the sat before, i was in my hatch

edit the tint on my front windows 20% the back side windows are 2.5%i had to take it and get the back glass done so i got it at 35% so if i get a

ticket for it i dont have to have it taken off, theres a guy on green st that does good tint work he wont do darker the 35% for u though, i think his

price would be about 160like u said for the whole car, my back glass was 70$. its about beside automotive fasteners in high point on green st

addiction2bass 04-15-2007 12:22 AM

dang that is droped preaty good... to bad ya cannt run most aftermarket tires probably.LOL

stefo 04-15-2007 04:44 PM

im really liking that drop haha yeah i think i found a guy at sound solutions that cna hook me up for 80 bux all around 20 % :-D not 100% sure yet tho but he might be able to do it hah... na i havnt been on main street to cruise in a long long time been pretty busy ... but next time you plan on going PM me n let me know we could meet up somewhere and just check out other rides haha but yeah auto X next sunday at GSO collesium... are you gonna go?? imma just go an watch hah.. they ahve some sexy ass cars competing well tehy did last time i went