General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stage 1 mods

Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Default Stage 1 mods

OK, still very new to all of this, and I have been reading a ton. I have not found it all in one place though, so maybe we can do that here. I am wanting to perform the basic "Stage 1" mods as of right now, but what are they? CAI, Exhaust I kinda figured, but what brands are good, or what to look for? Also suspinsion? What is good, bad, prices all of that. Please help a noob out. There is just so much out there, and I don't want to get taken for a ride with some POS parts. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Stage 1 mods

whats your budget

Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 AM
mxs
HCF Member

your "stage 1" depends on what you want your "stage 4" to be...

if you don't know what to look for, spend some time reading through the stickies in all of the forums.... there is a lot of good info there.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

whats your budget

Not really sure. This is a DD that I just picked up to keep miles off of my other ride. As with any of my cars tough, I can not leave them stock. Basicly I want some info on intake, exhaust, mani, and shocks, springs and such. I am sure I will leave it NA for a while.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 AM

No body has anything to add to this?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 AM
mxs
HCF Member

what research have you done so far? if you have specific questions I'll answer what I can, but I'm not going to dump everything I know into this thread [8D]

Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

what research have you done so far? if you have specific questions I'll answer what I can, but I'm not going to dump everything I know into this thread [8D]
I agree.

You need to set a budget on how much your willing to spend and where you want to start.(motor-[internals or bolt on's], suspension, body, interior, etc...)

Give some more info and then you will get better replys.[sm=w00t.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

AEM Intake
DC sports header
and exhaust........well there is many of options for the intake and header those brands are what most on HCF run. exhaust is not really a main name brand personally I am running a PIT exhaust

Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: sandrider123

AEM Intake
DC sports header
and exhaust........well there is many of options for the intake and header those brands are what most on HCF run. exhaust is not really a main name brand personally I am running a PIT exhaust
Thanks for the info.

I am mostly looking for simple bolt on stuff as this is a DD and not my big mod vehicle. I want to keep the cost down as much as I can, but I also don't want to have to worry about chaep stuff that is not going to break in 2 months.

I see alot of stuff on ebay, and I know how ebay is. Somethings are OK, but you really have to watch what you get. Is a simple no name intake going to be ok, either short ram or CAI? Anything to look out for? Also, this is going to be a sleeper, but I want to have some play parts under the hood and the body. What would you do with a stock car that you are wanting to make a sleeper and keep on a small budget.

This is my big toy, so the civic is just a run around car.

Name:  reconlightsandtint011.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  reconlightsandtint003.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  140.6 KB

Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM

Oh, I did order strut bars from hirospeed. I found a thread where several said that that guy was ok. I think it was to my door for $75 for a 4 piece set.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stage 1 mods