General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

engine swap guide?

Old 09-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Default engine swap guide?

Hi, I'm the owner of a 99 CX, I've learn recently that my ISB is shot, so while at it I'd think more power = more fun no? I always wanted a turbo setup, so a swap of engine & tranny is required, well here is my question.

I'd like to know if theres any engine swap guide because I am looking for a cheap, turbo , setup, on a DOHC engine, I have a SOHC non vtec 1.6L, so what could fit dirrectly bolt in for this car? and what is the best honda DOHC engine to turbo? I've been told that the D18-something was a good engine to turbo, cause of low compression, I've got basic mechanic skills, so I don't want nothing to be very hard to, with all that Info, where should I go?

where to find good engines and good turbo at good prices?

what would be a nice budget to buy all the pieces ( and special tools if required )

I like car mechanics, and to be honest, I've hated civics, now that I have one, I kinda like it, but it isn't enough powerfull (I got raped by a toyota echo... damn ), and once I was doing 130 on the highway, and a turbo civic came at like 160-170 km/h with that big turbo sound, I loved it. haha

well enough, so , what are your thoughts on this?

(please forgive english mistakes, it is not my primary language.)