HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Totaled Civic for Cinderella (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/totaled-civic-cinderella-22164/)

civicstealth 05-16-2006 11:33 PM

Totaled Civic for Cinderella

Did I mention that my daughter totaled her 2003 Civic EX on Thursday? T-boned by a Chevy Blazer. She got one cut over her left eye from flying glass, five stiches.

For a girl who plays Cinderella at DisneyWorld, this is an issue. But she'll be okay.

This car is trashed, man. The blazer hit right on the driver's door. The Civic is destroyed.

When I went to check it out in the junkyard, I was amazed. There was NO intrusion into the driver/passenger area at all, but the car was clearly bent at the B frame, maybe a 20-25 degree angle. Amazing.

To make a long story short, no one was hurt badly, the civic showed it's safety colors, and thanks to the Jefferson County, West Virginia, Police. for their timely response, along with the ambulance crew.

This is also a testament to the design and build quality of the civic. My daughter is alive and kickin'. Please say a little thanks to whatever deity you support.

Anyone else had a bad...experience?

2quickEX 05-17-2006 02:59 AM

RE: Totaled Civic for Cinderella

Glad to hear that she is ok. Got to love the honda quality they put in there cars all the way around. I had a 94 plymouth laser, I made a left turn on green (no right away cause didnt have an arrow) and I wasnt paying attention to the truck that was coming and it literally ran over the top of my car (chevy avalache with lift), The cop said I would be dead if I wasnt wearing my seat belt.

Crook_EG8 05-17-2006 11:19 AM

yea i wrecked my 88 hatch, 3 days before my b-day, broke my sternum, 2 ribs and collapsed my right lung....it was all from the seat belt! nah totally my stupidity, i hit a cement barrier head on.....DUMB ASS!!

shellebelle 05-17-2006 11:42 AM

Glad she's ok. She can tell the kiddies that she slipped getting out of her pumpkin carriage and bonked her head.

ScoobyAddict14 05-17-2006 03:48 PM

man Honda saved Cinderella's life, now that could be made into a commercial

glad she is doing good

mill$civic 05-17-2006 04:11 PM

thats good to hear..most of the civics that i see at the scrap yard that got into accidents are pretty good too..except for a couple with the doors pushed in all the way to the middle of the car..i wonder if thos peopled lived, but i hope somthing like that never happends

hondaracer05 05-17-2006 07:18 PM

its good to hear she is ok!!!

civics are safe!!! lol

civicstealth 05-18-2006 09:12 PM

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I really appreciate them.

It's bizarre. May daughter had a 2003 EX with VTEC, auto, power everything, a sun roof, great stereo, center armrest, etc etc, basically every option known to Hondakind, except one:

Side airbags.

I'm glad she didn't need them, in this case.

It's ironic though. I have a 2003 DX (that I bought about two months after she got hers) with only two options: air conditioning and side airbags...makes you wonder. I didn't even think about it when I bought the car.