General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

TOTALED CIVIC REPAIRED LIKE NEW!!! (LINK ON PG 2 fFOR PICTURES!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: THEY WANNA TOTAL MY CIVIC!!!

^^thats a good idea, i should gett a call by this evening so ill keep you all infromed

Old 09-24-2007, 06:59 PM

here is the link to new pictures click and they will all be loaded already

http://www.issforums.com/forums/view...695014#7695014

Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 AM

yeah i just got a 2007 civic ex, because my last car was totalled. i got hit in the same area, and probably the people that hit me were about the same age lol. anyways, you can tell the frame has been bent in pretty good because the side panel is caved in. and for some reason, my center console all popped out.

my suggestion, gather all the reciepts from the upgrades or changes to your car, and send that in to the insurance company, depending on when they will count that into the claim, and buy the car back (meaning if they're going to give you $5,000 for the claim, and they allow you to buy it back for $500... they'll send you a check for $4,500 and you can pick up your car) and you can either fix whatever needs to be fixed just so that it can run, and sell it for however much you can get for it.

with my situation, i got $4,800 from my insurance, got it back and sold it as it was for $1,500. it was a 92' Lexus ES 300... and at the time the bluebook value for same year but in exellent condition was around how much i got it for.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

- you took a pretty good shot on that wheel, is your frame/unibody damaged? is the other drivers insurance paying for the damage? - are they still totaling the car?
- I had a 97 Grand Am GT - 5speed manual - I loved that car, only had 12,000 mi- took a nasty hit in the driver's side front, other guys fault and he didn't have insurance and it wasn't even his car(a$swipe T-boned me right off the road),bent the unibody- insurance estimate was low @ $5900(knuckle head adjuster forgot the whole interior of the car after airbags deployedBOOM! and sunroof popped out like a Champagne corkPOP!) - body shop found a buyer for $3300 - I still owed 12k on the car so I had to fix it - anyway, drove it for 10 years and then traded it for my Civic - let us know how it works out

Old 09-25-2007, 03:28 PM

my mechanic told me that the body isnt bent, and she recommended me to buy it back and fix it from what i would get,so she will work with that money. Shes been helping my family and other frineds for 8 years now,so i trust her and she is very honest. And she really thinks i should keep it and fix it, and just drive it. Yeah the other ladys company doesnt seem to want to pay , claiming that it was my fault for not making sure before turning,all bunch of BS!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

send the ****** a copy of the police report with all of the witness statements...

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

man that sucks, I know how that feels. Last year around this time I have crashed my 2002 civic and it looked like yours, what would appear to be fixable damage, instead they called it a writeoff which pissed me off. It was my first newer car too!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

If you have collision on your policy and it's a different company than the guy that hit you had, deal only with your company and they will call the other company and change their attitude.

Remember the other guy's company is being paid to protect the other guy. If you try to ask them directly for money they won't be too willing to give it to you. Ultimately it may come down to filing a lawsuit against the other guy, which you can do yourself without a lawyer. Since it is for property damage only they will probably instantly pay you the full amount before it goes to court.

This proportional liability is a total crock that needs to be illegal everywhere.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM

megafandrew-so you didnt keep your car?? did they at least give enough to get one back .?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

mk378 is absolutely right. stand your ground...

Quick Reply: TOTALED CIVIC REPAIRED LIKE NEW!!! (LINK ON PG 2 fFOR PICTURES!!!!)