HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Turn Signal Blinker Speed-RICE?!?! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/turn-signal-blinker-speed-rice-3247/)

Super Mario 02-21-2005 10:48 PM

Turn Signal Blinker Speed-RICE?!?!

the other day, one of my corner lights burned out, so just the one on the right that was working, was double timing. and now i'm thinking if i should speed up all of them or leave them the way they are. do you guys think that's rice?!?! Now that i've had it, for a while, I think i like it. If i did it, i'd make it just a little bit faster, just not super duper fast. does any one know how to change the speed, I know that you can buy a little controller to adjust it, but I want something that I can replace the (old relays?) with, like one thats a little bit faster. I may be totaly wrong on how to go about changing the speed. If you reply, please answer both if my Qs:D, i don't mean to be rude, but i've noticed when you guys get into an argument you tend to ignore the topic and take over the thread[:@]
Thanks, my car is in my signature

sacicons 02-21-2005 11:27 PM

RE: Turn Signal Blinker Speed-RICE?!?!

i dont consider that rice, as long as its not out of control. but i had my brother solder a micro-sized 100 ohm potentiometer into my stock relay, then i could adjust it till it was the exact speed i wanted. find an electronics guy. he'll know what im talking about. i got the potentiometer at radio-shack.

Super Mario 02-22-2005 12:12 AM

could you tell me where the relay is located and which prongs i need to solder it too. Thanks Sac!

sacicons 02-22-2005 12:14 AM

ill try to take a pic of mine when i get my camera phone.

AnakinKenobe 02-22-2005 09:22 AM

Please in GOD's name do not go to RadioShack[sm=shootshoot.gif] they are evil, i was a manager and an associate for 2 years.... stay away.....

Remmy 02-22-2005 09:54 AM

LOL, you know I applied there once and they didnt hire me!... pretty funny huh? Of all people they didnt hire ME. I figured its their loss that they neglected to hire somebody that actually knows what the hell they are talking about.

What makes them so evil Anakin?

sacicons 02-22-2005 06:33 PM

oh i only buy stuff i know about there, i wouldnt ask for advice or anything;)

XCM828 02-22-2005 07:26 PM

[sm=bustedsign.gif] This is exactly what he was talking about...:D

ORIGINAL: Super Mario
If you reply, please answer both if my Qs:D, i don't mean to be rude, but i've noticed when you guys get into an argument you tend to ignore the topic and take over the thread[:@]
I wouldn't consider it rice, but it is one of those things that really bugs me. My sister's Jeep has the absolute worst blinkers of all time. That thing has got a mind of its own. It changes speed just about every blink.

Super Mario 02-23-2005 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: XCM828

[sm=bustedsign.gif] This is exactly what he was talking about...:D

ORIGINAL: Super Mario
If you reply, please answer both if my Qs:D, i don't mean to be rude, but i've noticed when you guys get into an argument you tend to ignore the topic and take over the thread[:@]
I wouldn't consider it rice, but it is one of those things that really bugs me. My sister's Jeep has the absolute worst blinkers of all time. That thing has got a mind of its own. It changes speed just about every blink.

illyont 02-23-2005 10:27 AM

Side blinkers that blink faster than regular is considered pure RICE by me.. I hate those fast blinking things.. They make me totally angry.