HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   What Civic to Buy? HELP! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/what-civic-buy-help-43532/)

k_dogg70 05-02-2007 09:50 PM

What Civic to Buy? HELP!

I own a 93 LX that needs a motor. I was gonna swap in a b series, but the car needs a lot of body and window work. Therefore i decided to replace the bad motor with another stock one and sell the Lx and try to get another civic with a decent body.

Here's the question:

What is the best year and model civic out there. I understand this is personal opinion but please explain why u think it is the best.

My plan is to find a civic that needs a new motor and i wanna swap in something powerful to get those horses kickin!

For example, A person may say, "A 95 DX it has DOHC, Vtec and one of the best blocks if u swap in an 'x' it will be powerful"

I will use this info to start car shoppin in my area. Thanks

ESCivicY8 05-02-2007 09:52 PM

RE: What Civic to Buy? HELP!

i would say try to look for a '99 or '00 civic si........i think they bring the b16 already, im not sure abou it though....

k_dogg70 05-02-2007 10:05 PM

thanks ES, i will start lookin at those.

sbowers 05-02-2007 10:34 PM

EM1 SIs are my personal favorite civic stock, It all depends what you want to do with the car. If you want a cheap car that can be made fast get an eg and swap in a gsr and run low 14s. If you want something stock and looks good go with an EM1 SI.

k_dogg70 05-02-2007 10:46 PM

Im lookin for a car that looks good but can also back it up! And i'm sorry but what year model is an EM1 Si and eg, i am not too familar with all the civics yet.

I would like a cheap car but able to do modifications both now and in the future.

PLease be specific about the year and model type, ex. 97 EX. thanks

wallgreens16 05-02-2007 10:54 PM

get an o7 or an o6i love mine. and its got some balls behind it too.

that guy 05-02-2007 11:06 PM

aftermarket support and stock reliability are hallmarks of the 96-00 Civics. my 97 EX is an excellent vehicle, and seems to be pretty quick for a stock four cylinder. this quickness improves greatly with additions of aftermarket performance parts.

what is your goal with this vehicle? show car, track whore, or daily driver? this will help us tell you what might fit your needs.

k_dogg70 05-03-2007 05:09 PM

I will be drivin the car a few days a week. It would almost be a daily but i have a truck i will drive while fishingat tournaments. I'd say about 20 days out the month drivin the civic.

Having another vehicle i would like the civic to be capable of being a beast yet practical for day usage. Is that possible? anyway the more comments the better. thanks

cyberx32 05-03-2007 08:01 PM

Whats your budget?

k_dogg70 05-04-2007 07:15 PM

budget i am lookin to spend 0 - 5,000. If something is around 5k i will not do any mods for a while anything cheaper i can swap in somethings and make it better