General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what the crap is up with people

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Default what the crap is up with people

so i dropped my car off the other day at a shop to get my sunroof repaired right? well i couldnt get down there before they closed so they said they would lock it up or keep it inside for the night so everything was all good. except i get a call this morning saying my car got broken into and my stereo and amp i had in the trunk got ripped off but he says he has no idea how they got in so im thinking they didnt even lock it. im pissed b/c now im out of a deck and an amp. but i talked to a few people already about and they said the shop should cover it b/c it was in their possesion. any advice on how to go about getting money for this stuff would be great. -Jake

Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what the crap is up with people

yep if they say your car was going to be safe and stuff in there garage then it will be safe. and it is in there possession so it is there responsibility. once your car leaves no longer there responsibility, but since it was still in there shop they should pay for your stolen items.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

What shop was it? Pm me if you don't want to blab on the boards..

I think that as long as you didn't sign any type of waiver or anything, they are definitely responsible. Know any lawyers?

Old 09-06-2006, 09:45 PM

i think they close early so you can leave your car there cause they some parts and i guess they took it get a lawyer and et them good

Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Stinky Administrator

damn that sucks man. i would be pissed off good luck dude

Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 AM
HCF Member

damn thats sux bro, sorry bout that, hopefully you get everything straightened out....

hope fully they dont have a sign saying " not responsible for stolen or vandalized vehicles left on property" or some chit like that, here in bristol there's alot of shop thats got that sign

Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

thats a shady shop........pm forty with the shop info and never go there again. the shop should have insurance and should cover your losses assuming the car was left in the building. if it were in the building the shop is responsible for damages. unless they have a sign that states they are not responsible for vehicles left over night or something to that nature. either way i call SHADY!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

small clams cort if they dont give you anything for it...hopfully they dont have a sign like he sead^^ that says not responsible, if not....you have them, get them for all they got

Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM

SHADY, SHADY, SHADY. Man a buddy of mine that i work with had the same thing happen to him. come to find out it was the owner's son who ripped off the car. the place was locked but he had a key. go figure............

Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Ben

Lawyer....and go out for blood

Quick Reply: what the crap is up with people