General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What do you think? good trade or no?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: What do you think? good trade or no?

He's definitely getting the better deal. You just finished cleaning the hell out of the motor. Just looking at the minor fix-it things, yeah they both have 'em, but the hatch has expensive/time consuming fix-its.

But, if you ultimately wanted the hatch, go for it. Just don't get suckered into paying him jack. He owes you.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the second one isnt a 92-95..

but the first one looks great! 75bucks is well worth it for both sides!!!!!! tho maybe ill do a complete paint job on it... cause i realy do like the eg stock green. might just add alittle pearl or flake to it to tweak the color a bit....

but before i work at cosmetics i want to be sure the mechanics are good....

now im just waiting for responce from the guy about the trade...
here is my last email i just sent him...

ok sorry for all the email just trying to be thorow..
so are long as the rust in the rears arent to bad.... i think this would be a good trade... well maybe better for you..
your motor has around 92HP, mine has around 125HP
and my car has all power..
thiers 2 huge things that work in your favor!
my motor and clutch has been very worked over as i can prove, which doesnt have 3K miles on the clutch and doesnt leak any oil.

and just FORGET about swaping suspensions. could be to much hassle if your bolts are seized up. tho my civic is perfect for lowering, already has front adjustable camber arms, and the rear already has aftermarket TOE adjusters, i was gonna also replace the rear camber arms with some adjustables but i didnt plan on that until summer when i could afford some nice koni yellows and adjustable ground control springs.

and to compensate for the extra power and all power accessories id like your 16inch wheels... and to keep my front splash shields, i think is a great swap for you. hell you still got 18s to slap on it.

and to compensate the interior/stereo id like you to keep your dvd indash radio, me keep my crapy sony radio and my subwoofer/amp/box, but i will leave the wires thier so you can simply drop in your own system. i dont want a dvd radio in this civic... and i realy want to keep my bass!!!! you see my nickname.LMFAO

but it does all depend on the rust on your civic... i can deal with some rust... but id realy want to inspect the undercarrage beter.... and thats my main concern is the rust... if its to bad i wouldnt want to trade...
i know i cand some rear patch panels to weld in but not if its to bad or all under the underbody... id like to lift the car up with a jack and inspect closer, which you can also do to my civic if you wish, tho mine sits high enough you can just look under it.LOL

just hit me back up.... if you get what im saying....
also might ask when was your clutch replaced last? just wondering...
i think if the rust isnt to to badit will be a good swap for him, and for me since i want a hatchback.... ill just have more to add to it, i can always add power windows and power locks i guess just have to either find a parts car to get the parts i need from it. mainly for the power windows, power locks are a breeze to do aftermarket! done them several times! but windows take alittle more finess...LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

He's definitely getting the better deal. You just finished cleaning the hell out of the motor. Just looking at the minor fix-it things, yeah they both have 'em, but the hatch has expensive/time consuming fix-its.

But, if you ultimately wanted the hatch, go for it. Just don't get suckered into paying him jack. He owes you.

o im definatly not giving up any cash... and he doesnt want to either.LOL which is why im keeping the stuff i want!
i can always work the motor over again. mainly just the oil seals and maybe the belt just have to inspect it.. hopefully it doesnt leak any and the belt looks good, but if it has any leaks or worn belt ill swap them out quickly....

dont get me wrong i still like coupes BUT hell i already got a realy nice one.LOL and i wanted a hatchback originaly but they sold the hatchback i wanted at the local dealership so i had to look for another decent buy elsewhere

but i guess i dont want to get my hopes up to quickly because the main factor is the rust.....

Old 12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

hrmmm...dont know why the second link went to the wrong fenders...I swear they were 92-95 and you could buy just 1 for $38.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ok... but if i get it i might as well buy both.LOL if one side is bad im sure the other will be.LMFAO

Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

Oh snap that's Thrasher's hatch, he's on another forum of mine that i moderate. personally looking at the pics(didn't read info on them) i'd say he's getting the better deal... mind you i'm all about the Hatch > Coupe lol... but the hatch needs work... looks like the coupe doesn't need as much.. it's up to you though

Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yep thats his screen name.LOL
problem is he wants to talk on phone and i hate talking on the phone.LOL i prefer to talk buisness thru emails and such... and hes about 1.5hours drive away....

it realy depends on the rust.... if the rust looks preaty bad i wont trade.... and just keep looking. maybe i could get lucky and find one witha bad motor so i could keep my Z6 and swap everything over to keep all my power toys...