General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What hondas (year, model etc.) get the lowest insurance rates??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Default What hondas (year, model etc.) get the lowest insurance rates??

Well im in kind of a situation here, i REALLY want to get my dream car (camaro) but as you all know, the MPG isn't fantastic lol. What im thinking of doing is picking up an older honda for the great MPG as a daily driver, then (once the honda's paid off) pick up a camaro for fun times at the track and such during the summer. This all depends on how low the insurance will be on the honda, im hopeing if its old enough it will be very minimal. Any suggestions for what DD i should get?

Old 05-20-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What hondas (year, model etc.) get the lowest insurance rates??

Honda + Insurance = $$$$$

Old 05-21-2007, 03:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Just get a 95 or lower and put PLPD on it instead of full coverage

Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Impreza WRX

explain please, thanks?

Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Jeremy102579

ORIGINAL: Impreza WRX

explain please, thanks?
Hondas are one of the most stolen cars in North America, ESPECIALLY Integras. since the theft rate is so high, then that jacks up insurance

Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 AM

For my silver 98' ex 2dr. with full coverage, at the age of 17, in Rhode Island, it is $120 a month. and thats with my parents good driving record, and good report card. Just giving you an idea ..

Old 05-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Depends on your insurance company...as i get older and older cars(honda acura) my insurance drops cause they say the parts are cheaper to replace

Old 05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

i have a 95 si and i pay 130 a month canadian for insurance whichis pretty cheap.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i only pay like 50bucks a month for my full coverage on my 99 civic EX coupe...
but then again clear records and im 26years old....

and well my old 86 crx was only like 25-30bucks for liability on it... it was a little turd i dont think anyone would want to steal it. LMFAO but i still put alittle alarm on it... mainly for added keyless entry i put on it killer milage... and still alittle fun to drive. problem with the 1st gen crxs is RUST! i had two i had a decent 86crx which was realy in good condition for its age just a messed up carb on the motor... but i was very stupid and sold it WAY TO CHEAP!!!!! like only 300bucks for it... ya i screwed myself on it.. cause right after i sold it gas prices started rising again! then i also had a 84crx for parts for the 86 i was gonna fix up and it was a EXTREMELY RUSTED TURD!!!! im shocked that the body didnt just FALL on the ground! and i sold it for a parts car... tho i do also wish i kept it and just built a tube chassic for it. engine ran GREAT just had a bad carb that i did replace and it ran perfect!

i still look out for a cheap CRX to buy again just for a fun cheap car to tear the crap outta and REALY DONT CARE ABOUT!

Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

haha 210 a month for liability only. 20 yrs old. Careless driving ticket, two speeding tickets. NJ insurance is one of the highest around because of their no fault act. Hopefully as I get older it will go down.But to really answer your question, it really depends on what you want for insurance. Going liability only is going to be the cheapest, while going full coverage will be more. Now, you have the decision on what to put on it. You wouldnt want to but full coverage on a car that is any more than 5 years old IMO. The money you will save in insurance, you could invest and if you get in an accident you that saved money to buy another car. Especially, as the car gets older it loses value so it makes less sense as it is easier to write the car off as a loss. My car is a 2001 ex coupe, and my insurance company recommended liablility only. The best bet is talk to your insurance company about different years and the costs for both liablity and full coverage.

Quick Reply: What hondas (year, model etc.) get the lowest insurance rates??