General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Would you lose hp or really hurt your car that much taking off the intake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Would you lose hp or really hurt your car that much taking off the intake?

ORIGINAL: DelawareDon

Engines need some back pressure to run efficiently,
No, they need a certain balance, not too big but not too small. Basically the right side will run the exhaust pulses smoothly and the first pulse help the next pulse continue and so on. Think of it as the dust behind a school bus.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Default RE: Would you lose hp or really hurt your car that much taking off the intake?

Any more input on taking off the intake? I have still been driving it around with it off because I have been too busy/lazy to take the 2 minutes to put it back on and I love the sound. I was thinking about it and shouldnt there be an increase because all the intake is extra **** that gets rid of anything bad in the air? I may get my engine dirty and if its raining I might get hydrolock but shouldnt it get some gain? I might just be crazy because I have been driving with a lead foot becaues it sounds so much cooler

Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 AM
HCF Member

you might get like 4-6HP outa it...nothin big enough to make a huge dif...just cause it sounds cool doesnt mean it makes it faster...some people think the same about a BOV....idoits