General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

got some questions about parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
HCF Member
Arrow got some questions about parts

hey what are the best upgrades for the money i have a AEM short ram intake doing exhaust right now. is intake manifold worth buying. or like fuel injectors. dont now im going to research it right now but i still wont some other advice thanks very much.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

wat motor do u have?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Chubby Chaser

guessing you have a 92 civic dx with a d15 motor, i say buy a d16z6 head its a vtec head and comes from any 92-95 civic ex or si. and you will need the distributor and ecu, and some extra wire, google mini me swap if you have any questions or ask us, this will give you a great gain in horsepower and you will have vtec yo!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

i have a d15b vtec

Old 04-27-2010, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

my brother said this engine cant turbo it the head cant take it what do you think i wood like to turbo it . thanks for your help.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Chubby Chaser

your bother, is wrong and you can tell him that

if you wanna spend the money for a turbo kit, and also having it tuned you will be happy

just get a good full turbo kit, not an ebay kit
if you done have a p28 ecu then get one and have it chipped and tuned
and make sure you get arp headstuds and also upgrade your fuel injectors

Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

lol i will my engine wont blow up right lol. thanks for your help. how are you feeling after your crash.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Chubby Chaser

you just need to do some serious research about it, and if you have any questions about it, just ask.

a few questions you will need to answer so we can help you determine what all you need to do

how much hp are you wanting?
how much are you wanting to spend?
who will be doing this work?
do a compression test on your motor to find out what shape its in.

as long as you have a proper tune and everything is done right your motor will be fine.

i've been feeling alot better in the past 2 days, i actually worked some yesterday and today, and i got a few jobs to do tmw, im just taking it easy and just doing lite jobs until i feel ok enough to do serious work.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM

fuel injectors are not a modification you just spontaneously do... your engine has to require more fuel before you can give it more fuel, otherwise you will just run rich. There is a thing called an air/fuel ratio and it is important to maintain the correct ratio. Throw high flow injectors on there without giving the engine more air per amount of time (i.e. a turbo) and you run hella rich. You don't gain power just from giving the engine more fuel.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
fuel injectors are not a modification you just spontaneously do... your engine has to require more fuel before you can give it more fuel, otherwise you will just run rich. There is a thing called an air/fuel ratio and it is important to maintain the correct ratio. Throw high flow injectors on there without giving the engine more air per amount of time (i.e. a turbo) and you run hella rich. You don't gain power just from giving the engine more fuel.

thus the reason i said serious research and ask questions, there is also alot more but i didnt want to sit here and type all night

Quick Reply: got some questions about parts