General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wwjd

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM

If you get either #1 or #3, I will go to that carisle car show and personally kick your a$$.

J/k But seriously... get the Del Sol

Old 02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

no, dontoh was being a usual "smart ***" with number one for sure. i know the impala is insanely high priced to do some of that stuff, but its not something you see around here at all, so thats what kinda made me want to do that. i dont like the looks of half of them, i would do mine completely my own way and style.. the only thing that holds me back from the sol is im most likely gonna end up getting the same stuff i have on my hatch, then say screw it and try to tune the hatch up, and end up forgetting about the sol. i kinda just want the blazer cause i like the way they look slammed on their nuts.. ill most likely end up with the sol tho.

@nike, whats with all the ****ty comments, who said anything about ricing it up, seriously, **** off already

Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

ye, i was being a smart ***, but for real, stay with sols -or hondas for the matter. parts so much cheaper and easier to deal with. once you get into your blazer and chevys, it's gunna be a similar scene and you won't do you're own style cuz there won't be unique OOAK parts. stick with the sol man, you won't regret it. i like that blazer too, but i'm sure you'll grow out of it eventually

edit: if you wanna learn more about em, it might be a good idea to look at a blazer or impala forum and test the waters

Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

actually, thats a good idea, thanks dontoh, imma check out a blazer forum and get a rough price on a cosmetic build

Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Didn't read 90% of the posts in this thread. My vote's New Edge Mustang. You can pick up a V6 for ~$4-5k or a GT for $5-6k. Or a mini-truck, either a blazer or an S10. I don't know if blazers come in manuals, but I know s10's do. Bag that ish, throw some 18's on it, install a skid plate, and win.

Oh, and Pgh-ese would be "WWYD"... What Would Yuns Do?

Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

THANK YOU REAPER...

atleast someone else thinks they look good.. yeah blazers came in manuals im pretty sure. and actually, its yins, lol but imma mix it up between pittsburgheese and my lisp.. j'all

Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I've always seen it spelled "yuns". Actually, in correct Pgh-ese, it would be "I always seen it spelled 'yuns'." I kinda miss PA... everyone down here thinks Ihave an accent lol

And I really want mini-truck. You can be so ghetto with them as far as paint and everything and it's cool... I don't know if it's still popular, but when I was at Wyotech, there was a fad among the mini-truckers with spray-painting their entire trucks. Actually, I need a truck for hauling parts and I love slammed vehicles, so a mini-truck is the best of both worlds. Actually, the most ballin' mini-truck I've ever seen was a full-size Ram with semi-truck wheels and bags. There's a picture of it floating around with a gooseneck trailer and the trailer is taller than the truck

*edit: didn't find the picture I was looking for, but here's a picture of the truck in question on a flat-bed:
Name:  truck.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  46.9 KB

Last edited by reaper2022; 02-17-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

decent dodge, but i think i'd have to leave the drop to s10s and rangers, just me tho. big trucks should go big, and small should stay small..

ot: you went to wyotech? i'm going in the fall. what'd you go for and how was it?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM

@ Dontoh, considering he's a mechanic for a Subaru dealership i believe he went for Automechanics hah
Josh you should definately get the Sol though...

Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I didn't like slammed duallies at first, but it's definitely grown on me. I think it's the fact that bagging a dually completely defeats the purpose of having a truck that big in the first place

And Wyotech was all right. If you're going to be living in Blairsville, expect it to suck harcore. If you're going to be living in Indiana, watch out when you're walking across the weird intersection towards IUP; you'll know the one I'm talking about when you see it... three people got hit by cars at that intersection while I was at Wyotech. Oh, and living in Indiana will only suck slightly less than living in Blairsville. Basically, there's nothing to do in either place... you're going to have to go to Greensburg or Pgh if you want to go somewhere that actually has ish to do. Growing up in Western PA definitely helps you know where to go for entertainment, but you'll learn the area pretty easily.

As far as the school itself, I thought it was worth it until I started paying back the loans and realized I have another 10 years of it =/. But it got my foot in the door of the automotive field... I was actually hired because I had come from an automotive school. But the 98% placement rating they brag about is bullsh*t and they really don't help you get a job. At all. Their placement rating is based on alumni that got jobs sometime after graduation; not students with jobs waiting for them when they graduate. I know this because the people at the student service department didn't stop pestering me asking if I found a job yet until I finally started working at a dealership. The education is pretty decent, but I kind of feel like they move too fast; a 12-month program would be a lot easier to learn with than the 9-month they normally run. Also, expect 95% of the students there to be either retarded or egocentric a**holes.

And my core was Automotive Technology with an Applied Service Management specialty. Associate's degree in 9 months? Hell yeah ... even though it's completely useless lol

If you need to know anything specific, feel free to PM me.