HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Apoplectic1's EX Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM
HCF Member
Default Apoplectic1's EX Project

I bought my 1993 EX back in early April, and now that I've got it up and running smoothly I think I'm going to try to get it looking smooth. Here's what I plan on doing to it, in order of importance:

1. New muffler, nothing is wrong with it, I just hate driving cars with a load muffler, slightly OCD about how much noise I make in general.

2. Body work: I need to paint, hammer out dents, and get two new fenders. In these photos the fenders don't look bad, but ones dented in about half a foot, and the other looks like someone just took a hammer to a dent, resulting in a cellulite-like look towards the turn signal.

3. Short ram air intake. I hope to get a wee bit of power from this, nothing to drastic, but something for a tad bit of bit of oomph on left turns and other things. Like the muffler, I want this to be as quiet as possible.

4. New drivers seat. I'm trying to look for one that matches the one already in there, I like the support for it being to one side, very distinctive looking.

5. New rims. I'm thinking about some of these in the first post: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=82339

6. New head lights, tail lights, turn signals, etc. I'm thinking of getting some LED altezza style lights for the car.

7. New carpet. Its nice and clean, but holes have been worn through in places, mostly towards the driver.

8. Paint the valve cover and brake calipers and drums. Still thinking whether or not I should try to pick up a V-TEC valve cover or not, but either way I'm going to paint it. I'm going to try and paint them all the same color, I'm just not sure which though.

9. Try and get replacement air vents. Some of the slats in the vents on the dash seem to be broken, and they don't scroll like the others.

10. New fuzzy dice. The old one's dot stickers are peeling off. I know where to go to get some that are stitched to the dice, instead of just weakly glued. Very important.

8?. Try and get a bigger cup holder. I like the idea of having the little ring cup holders pop up, but it seems like all it will fit is coke cans. I'd like something that could fit coke bottles if possible.

9?. Possibly either lower the front half an inch, or raise the back end an inch. I like the angled look.

10?. New shocks. I'm looking to get the smoothest ride possible. I'm talking like if I run someone over I wouldn't feel a bump.

I'm probably going to add/subtract from this list, but this is what I'm thinking about right now. Here's some current pics to show where I stand right now:

Passenger's side:

Front end:

Driver's Side

Back End:

Dash:

Back Seat:

Hole in Drivers Seat:

Engine Bay:

I'm more than open to suggestions, I'm just trying to make this look and ride smooth. I'm not going to be doing any racing in this, just use it as a daily driver.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by apoplectic1; 04-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

Car looks clean, that is untill you see the drivers seat.
How many miles on the clock?

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ And what motor is in it? Dont get a VTEC vc if it isnt VTEC...dont be a fake. all that sounds prety good tho oh and the fuzzy dice...really? hahaha funny tho lol good luck

Oh and u gonna paint it a diff color?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

Dam spock is impossible to respect.

Get the fit rims.
Lower it on Tien S techs w/ your choice of shocks.
Do your body work.
Go buy fuzzy dice [very important].
Get a set of integra seats.
New exhaust if def needed...

Does the car have a cat on it? Im the same way on the hating loud fart cans on the back of my car.......

Nice pick up man good luck with the project. PLEASE dont raise the back end lmao.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Dam spock is impossible to respect.
Why is this sir...if u dont mind me asking.

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Get the fit rims...
I agree here tho thatd be sick!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 AM
HCF Member

@Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
I'm going to get it repainted the same, its the valve cover and brake calipers and drums I'm not sure about. I want it to be something that's nice and complimentary to the Aztec pearl green. I was just borderline on the VTEC thing, I don't think I'm gonna do it.

@NIKE H34D
I could get integra seats, but I really like the ones that are in there now, unless the integra had the same seats, then I'd definitely look into it. I want something like this:
Name:  0929091710a.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  129.2 KB
with the one-sided headrest thingy.

@SPLAT: 189,651 miles as of this morning, 1086.5 by me.

Wow, the picture was nowhere near that big when I saw it =/

Last edited by apoplectic1; 04-30-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: big ass picture
Old 04-30-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Haha yea they dont look too bad i guess...they look like enormous side mirrors to me haha but like u said they are very distinctive so go for it bro!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
HCF Member

UPDATE
Got the fuzzy dice, stitched in dots, no more rolling double zeros.

What do you guys think about me painting my valve cover and brake calipers and drums a metallic copper color?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM

That's a D16Z6... D16Z6 has VTEC... I don't know what you guys are talking about with the VTEC valve cover... sounds like you don't either

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

I'm talking about the Mini-me mod. I decided I'm not doing it.

Quick Reply: Apoplectic1's EX Project