HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Camiguel's 98 4dr Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
HCF Member
Default Camiguel's 98 4dr Civic

First of all i decided that i had spent enough time just reading about peoples projects and decided to post mine up. So after dreaming for a while about what i should do to my sedan i decided to finally start spending way too much on parts that i didn't really need.

First is a picture of when i first got it

Name:  P9130019.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  94.4 KB

I have since added
-Unfortunately: Ebay short throw shift lever, Ebay steering wheel

Name:  P7310224.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  121.0 KB

-And also added: OZ Superturismo WRC rims, Skunk2 lca's, Skunk2 camber kit front and rear, Skunk2 Lower arm bar, Ksport rear toe kit because i went slightly lower than the stock adjustments allowed for, Progress CSII coil overs, Kenwood head unit, Kicker subs, Mugen Pedals, red honda badges, rear disk conversion and some other things i can't remember right now. OH and an air horn lol

Name:  P7310220.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  177.8 KB
Name:  P7310221.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  156.8 KB
Name:  P7310225.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  131.1 KB
Name:  P7310223.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  200.4 KB
Name:  P7310229.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  72.2 KB

Plans for the future
-sway bars, remove steering wheel for EF wheel, and get a Skunk2 short throw and ****, black interior, and build d16z6 for about 170whp (doing research on that right now) cuz i can

Any other suggestions, Im open to all criticism as long as you aren't trolling and if you do well F**K you, lol just playing

Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Slap a supercharger on there, spray methanol, get a good tune, and there is your 170whp.

Details on the air horn (brand / mounting / sound clip?). I have been interested in picking a set up for my coupe. Mounting looks good, too.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
HCF Member

I was shooting for 170whp n/a build (12:1 pistons, bisi stage 3.6 cam, fully built bottom end, and port polished with skunk2 valvetrain) or close to 300 whp f/i (both running meth injection) as far as the air horn its some cheap one from Meijer i got for like 30 bucks, the compressor mounts to the stock horn mount pretty easily and the two horns come with brackets that i used to mount to some of the A/c lines. No pictures of the mounting, but I could shoot a video of the sound later today.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
HCF Member

Oh yeah and ITB's and a Bisimoto header for the n/a build

Old 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM

You are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on that and probably barely see over 170whp, 140 wtq.

Put that money into a small F/I build, you'll have over 200whp turbo or ~180ish supercharged, plus money left over for fun stuff. Examples would be JDM power folding mirrors (cheap for sedans too), sidemarkers, ASR brace and sway bar, bigger brakes, rear disc swap, better seats (OEM EK seats suck)

I found a JRSC for $650, meth kit for $300, tuning solution for $150 (got really lucky), exhaust for $500. Mild tune, stock timing and made 168whp and 141wtq at like 2,500rpms.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

All ready have rear disks btw. But yeah I know it would be expensive but it would just be something cool to do in my opinion. I have yet to deside anything motor wise and I am just trying to decide what to do next. Im thinking sway bars next ,then do interior ,then do motor, and finally do the exterior to fix up all the little dents.

Sound good?

Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Hey, if you like it, go for it.

I would do motor stuff first. Go fast parts are more fun than anything else IMO. I did the JRSC and all that, then started to worry about interior and exterior goodies. It is all a matter of how you want to do things. I need one more thing to finish my interior and that is the "rare" USDM optional ashtray that replaces the lower plastic console under the headunit area.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Well this has to be my DD (so i cant really have it stopped for more than a couple of days at a time, hence no motor build) for the next year at least to give me time to be financially stable enough to purchase and insure two cars at a time. I would love to have a cheap *** good looking beater (what brent is doing with the DA) which is what i may do but I would love a CRV and could have it as a hand me down in about 1.5 years which is the plan.

Or do both... <--- I like this one

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Building an all motor d16 like that while be a terrible daily lol! Like cv said it is a waste of money, yea it is different, but realisticaly, a B16 or gsr would hold up next to it and most likely beat it while costing a hell of a lot cheap and still being STOCK with room to grow. I love all motor but d16s are just a terribler base unless you are just turboing it since they are the most disposable engines. The car itself is looking good, those wheels just need a lip! Should get some work done in the engine bay next... start tucking wires and deleting ac/ps/cruise control and open it up!

Here's what my bay looks like on my ek, fully tucked (minus the battery) and mostly shaved.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

I know an all motor d would suck to dd thats why i said it was last on my list haha. I do plan on doing a full tuck, guess building a b would be alot more power for the same amount of money idk what imma do engine wise though.

If i swap id really like to go k20z1 though, I still have like 1 year at the very least to figure out my power plant. My plan is either k or building a d series.

Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Camiguel's 98 4dr Civic