HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's DD 92 Hatch project thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Exhaust issue(s) are basically fixed except for one little leak. That will be fixed sooner or later.

Also, fixed the loose shifter issue yesterday. The bolt wasn't tight at all. Put some thread locker on it and re-tightened it. Feels amazing now.

I have been hearing a clicking noise recently, and the noise turned out to be the axle. The kid before me must have torn the boot, tried to re-fill it with grease, then clamped it with a hose clamp. Anyways, I have like 3 spare axles for D series sitting in the garage. I will replace it hopefully within the next week.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-20-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM

Just found out that the back bumper is held on with zipties since the holes (the ones in the wheel wells) for the screws are broken open. The kid before me must have thought that making the rear fenders and rear bumper into one piece with bondo was easier than just buying a replacement rear bumper. arg.... If I come across a cheap rear bumper, I'll pick it up, but I highly doubt it. For now, I will put a bolt/big a$$ washer/nut on it to "fix" it.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Got some work done tonight.

Replaced the o2 sensor. I have yet to drive it fully warmed up yet to see if the hesitation problem went away. No initial CEL upon start up just like before. That's all I was checking for at the moment anyways.

Traded the BOMZ racing seats for a set of red stripe del sol seats. The red stripes will go into the EK coupe, and the blue-ish seats with the grey stripe in the EK will go into the hatch. Unfortunately, I now need to pick up another set of seats rails as the del sol seats are not 100% bolt in. Should be about $40 or so for the rails.

Installed the new turn signal socket and replaced the bulbs. Working left turn signal now!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

When the cars cold the ecu wont even read the o2 sensor until it warms up... so hopefully it doesn't throw any codes!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:04 PM

I extended the wires to have the o2 a little farther down stream. I basically did the exhaust conversion since the OE cat was in the manifold. I was testing to make sure the wiring was correct as I would assume that the CEL would pop on if the wiring wasn't correct.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Picked up some EG seat rails for $40 for the Del Sol seats today. Should have the seats swapped over within a day or two after receiving the rails! Currently riding on 3/4 bolts on each seat in the EG. Not a fan of it at all so it is basically parked unless I absolutely have to drive it until the rails come in.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 AM

Did an oil/filter change last night. Also, drove it around for about 1.5 hours total. Zero hesitation, runs great now since the o2 sensor replacement. Woot!

I need to figure out what this clicking noise is in the front (might not be the axle), and what this grinding type noise is in the back. Maybe
something with brakes? I might just replace them for good measure and to help me with the sale in the future.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Just go do some figure 8s in a parking lot to see if it is the axle. And I'd say pull the drums apart and see if there's rust in them and how the shoes look. Drums never wear out though lol.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM

The clicking is when I am moving forward, not so much when I turn. The noise is present especially during decel in or out of gear. Pressing on the brakes quiets the noise down and sometimes takes it away. Yes, the wheels are on tight. I have made that mistake before.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 AM

Ok, started messing around with the front wheels again to see what is going on. Lifted the car off the ground, started it, and "drove" it. NO noises.

Driver wheel (front) came off fine, everything looks good. Passenger wheel (front) is another story. One lug came off, two feel like they are cross threaded and will break if I continued, and one just kept spinning. My guess is that the stud is spinning, or the threads within the lugs is f-ed.

I am sure this is doing a number on my wheel bearing as it seems as if the wheel isn't tight enough against the hub. All signs (from the previous post above) are pointing to a loose wheel. Clunking/clicking noises and slight vibration when NOT accelerating and braking only. I guess I was wrong in my previous post? I'll break the two studs which seem to be cross threaded, that's fine. But if the other stud is just spinning along with the lug, how do I remove that?

After putting the wheels back on and trying to re-tighten the passenger side front wheel, the noise became worse.

I plan on buying a replacement knuckle and going from there. They are like $50 shipped on eBay.

Also, I have a slight grinding type noise coming from the back end. Pulled off the drums and the rear brakes could be replaced I guess along with the drums themselves as they are pretty rusty and gross. Maybe the e brake cables are too tight? I'll have to look into it some more when I get a chance.

EDIT: After giving everything a closer look, I noticed that a blackworks front camber kit is installed. I dont know how I didnt see that before, but it's there now. ewwww...blackworks. oh well I guess as long as the ball joint is still good.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-27-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's DD 92 Hatch project thread