HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)

Old 01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

What color stripe on the seats?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM

Grey stripe! I didn't want any other color and I have been watching my local CL for a reasonably priced set to pop up for a long time now.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
HCF Member

All my friends love del sol seats. They say, "They hold your fat in". I like the way they sit as well. Almost everyone that gets in them says they think they are sitting on the ground lol.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Name:  012111-DelSolSeats.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  50.8 KB

Yay! It only took me ~10 days to get off my lazy a$$ and post a quick pic of the seats.

BTW, I replaced the conversion harness last weekend and all CELs went away. Sweet.

Now, the OIL PSI gauge is tweaking out. The gauge powers on but flickers sometimes, and erratically when the engine is cold. It could be one of three things IMO.

1. Something happened with the wiring.
2. Something happened with the sending unit.
3. Something is wrong with the Oil pressure in the motor.

I am hoping it is one of the first two

Also, my tax refund came in this weekend! I will getting the broken stud replaced, ordering replacement rear LCAs and a few other goodies. Right now, I am working on getting the car ready for inspection. After that, I will be getting the car ready for paint.

For inspection, all that I need to do (that I know of so far), is replace the LCAs, and replace the one wheel stud.

For paint, I need:

New mirrors (I have a surprise in store for you all with these! - already bought)
Replacement side panel molding trim piece (broken tabs)

I have ~$2600 saved for the paint. I should be able to find someone able to fix and paint the car for that much.

After paint, or next up for the rest of the funds I have will be (in order):

AEM Boost gauge
Sidewinder Header/adj. 2.5" test pipe/2.5" exhaust
ASR Brace/ASR sway bar/ASR endlinks
Replacement floor mats
Dry Cell Battery/Box/Relocation to trunk

From there, all I have left is the block build and then I am pretty much done unless I become stinkin' rich.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-11-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

Hmm do I sense some power folding mirrors?

And the battery relocation is pretty expensive, more than I expected. Started pricing it out, I don't plan on getting a drycell yet, so for a sealed battery box, cable, bulkhead for the firewall, circuit breaker... it adds up quick!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

I need to order new motor mounts. Thinking of getting Drop Engineering like you have cause they look amazing, how are they holding up for you? Still look good and strong? I don't mind the extra vibration... I'll have such a stiff ride from having all my bushings poly I may as well have my ride be uncomfortable while sitting at idle as well, I don't plan on running torque mounts anymore, driver side one got messed up anyway, just trying to decide if I want these or a set of Avid's. I don't really feel like paying the extra $60 for Hasports.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Hmm do I sense some power folding mirrors?

And the battery relocation is pretty expensive, more than I expected. Started pricing it out, I don't plan on getting a drycell yet, so for a sealed battery box, cable, bulkhead for the firewall, circuit breaker... it adds up quick!
PFM is a maybe.. you'll see tonight! I have something being delivered from FedEx, UPS, and DHL today, so I will be having a mini Christmas in February when I get home.

For the battery stuff, I was planning on just buying some sort of kit with a dry cell and being done with it. I have been looking at the Yellow top Optima recently.

I need to order new motor mounts. Thinking of getting Drop Engineering like you have cause they look amazing, how are they holding up for you? Still look good and strong? I don't mind the extra vibration... I'll have such a stiff ride from having all my bushings poly I may as well have my ride be uncomfortable while sitting at idle as well, I don't plan on running torque mounts anymore, driver side one got messed up anyway, just trying to decide if I want these or a set of Avid's. I don't really feel like paying the extra $60 for Hasports.
The Drop Engineering mounts I have are holding up great. Still look brand new, too! I would definitely suggest picking them up. I would just fill up the torque mounts with window weld and call it a day.

Edit: I dropped off the car last night at a shop for the wheel stud/wheel bearing to be replaced today!

Edit #2: The G/f is looking to by something off my wish list for the car! Woot! Updates when they happen!

(lol) Edit #3: The car is finished already. $190 later, I will never screw up another front wheel stud ever again.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

Did they put a new wheel bearing in? I put my extended studs in and half the race stuck to the spindle, but I put it back together and greased it up. Hopefully it won't need a wheel bearing after a month.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Did they put a new wheel bearing in?
For $190, they better have :P

Yea, new stud, lug nut, and wheel bearing + install.

Well, UPS is being gay (as always) and I have to go and pick up the Skunk2 LCAs tomorrow or Monday. But for now... pics of the other stuff!

2nd real JDM part for the car (sidemarkers were 1st) Maddd jDm tyTe
Name:  021111-JDMPowerFoldingMirrors1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  021111-JDMPowerFoldingMirrors2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  021111-JDMPowerFoldingMirrors3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  38.2 KB

Boost gauge, yO!
Name:  021111-AEMBoostGauge.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  55.6 KB

Picked up some ARP Flywheel bolts from Trustdestruction, and ARP Pressure Plate bolts from eBay.
Name:  021111-ARPFlywheelPPBolts.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  62.9 KB

Hopefully, I will get to install something this weekend!

Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 AM

This is on it's way to you...... don't kill me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)