HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/engelhondas-new-turbo-d-thread-83444/)

Engelhonda37 06-14-2010 08:01 AM

Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread

14 Attachment(s)
This is my new thread for my 99 civic ex!

I recently started working at Home Depot about 2 weeks ago after being out of a job for 3ish months. About a third of my months pay goes to bills and the other two thirds is my toy spending money!

My plans for the car are to fully redo the suspension and partially build the block and slap on a turbo and run 12-15 pounds of boost.

Whats already done:
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
Megan Racing Header
K&N CAI
Dropzone Coilovers
Front Strut Tower Bar

Things to get:
Engine/Tranny
New (or rebuild mine) Transmission
Stage 2 Clutch
Stage 2 Lightweight Flywheel
New Motor/Transmission Mounts
Vitara Low Compression Pistions
Eagle? Rods
ARP Head Studs
ACL Engine Bearings
New (or rebuild mine) y8 Head

Suspension
KYB AGX Struts all around
Possibly replace my Dropzones for Ground Control Coilovers
Rear Tie Bar Brace
Rear Stabilizer Bar
Rear Strut Tower Bar

Turbo
Im not sure yet what im going to do about turboing the car, i have ALOT of research to do on turboing before i make a decision, but at the same time i have alot of time before i need to make a decision as i will most likely not start on the turboing part until i have my engine mods ready to install.

Anyways here are some pics of the car for all you picture whores =)

Attachment 11167

Attachment 11168

Attachment 11169

Attachment 11170

Attachment 11171

Attachment 11172

Attachment 11173

Attachment 11174

Attachment 11175

Attachment 11176

Attachment 11177

Attachment 11178

Attachment 11179

Attachment 11180

shane7213 06-14-2010 08:43 AM

pretty nice little coupe you got there. i'm confused about the valvecover. lol.

N0safebetdx 06-14-2010 10:42 AM

1. I love the tinted tails...makes it look really sexy!!
2. I love the VC very original kinda looks like you just ran over it with a crayon but I like it very unique.
3. super duper duper clean!!!!!

Awesomeee build I loves it!!

Question though why are you going with a Stage 2 clutch? Just wondering.

sfazngiants 06-14-2010 10:45 AM

your interior is really clean, i'm kind of liking that type r rear lip, might just get one soon

WellFedHobo 06-14-2010 11:29 AM

Dude, that's a really nice car. Needs a front lip but otherwise nice. Good looking two tone interior but I'd like to see a black ebrake on there too. The Integra one is a direct swap, by the way. 94-01 teggy I believe.

Kenny-g 06-14-2010 11:52 AM

I like everything about this car so far. I like the painted MB wheels but are those 14's or 13's? Or are the back tires just bigger or something. Something looks off haha overall tho i like it!

chrismag 06-15-2010 12:42 AM

are you at the kissing camels and ballencing rock?

N0safebetdx 06-15-2010 05:08 AM

say what??!?!?!?!

cvcrcr99 06-15-2010 07:25 AM

Nice looking Civic. Front lip, ditch the chicken grill on the bottom portion, and the exterior would be complete! Seeing that rear lip mounted correctly makes me want to keep the one I have, buy a heat gun and mold it to fit like yours!

Loving the VC, very original. Is it me, or the picture of the entire drivers side look off b/c of the rear tires? They look huuuuge. lol

Engelhonda37 06-15-2010 07:32 AM

Thanks for all the nice thing you all had to say about my car! lol i was not expecting all that =). But NOsafe im going with the stage 2 clutch for the reason they are for over 200 hp, with a right tune on 10 pounds and stock internals you can make over 200 horse. I am going to have a partially built block and run 12-15 pounds, id rather get that stage 2 and be safe =).

Wellfed - ill definitely have to look into getting one of those thanks!

Kenny - the rims are 14" but unfortunately the back wheels are larger than the front =(, my tires were way bad and i was low on money, so i kinda had to just take what i could get from craigs for cheap.

And chris if your asking where i took the pics at, im from colorado, it was in the red rocks ampitheatre parking.