HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Its got most of the snaps. I maybe broke 6of them. Not to bad. Youu can always use normla plastic snaps.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM

But putting a vtec valve cover on a nonvtec engine would be lying.

Thats like going to Autozone and getting one of those turbo emblems for your Geo Metro.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL thats just a future mod right its on the 2do list. and today i got another one from junkyard. i snagged the rest of those clips today from the hood but only time will tell if they all still hold tight, should be fine tho since theres so many of them!
say 15shipped good for ya?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 AM

PM'd.

IIIIIIiiiii.... I feel so aligned!

Got the alignment done. The front is good, no longer toed in on both sides lol. This shop is AWESOME. I got it aligned after the last wreck and there was "uncorrectable" toe on the right rear. This shop was able to fix that. Unfortunately, they can't fix the "uncorrectable" -2.00* of camber on the right rear... X__x

I'm looking at what to do to this car. I think I finally had a moment yesterday where I stepped back and thought, "why the hell am I trying to pour more money into this car?" (Thanks Gene. I needed that.) I had wanted to fix the paint, do suspension, do a little more interior work, etc. I think that instead, I'll get this thing solid and dependable mechanically and keep it as a daily driver. Forget the modding and such.

But I think I will put an Si grill back on it. That OEM sedan grill is ugly, and I can't believe the dude thought it was ok to paint match it.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

is the wheel tilted in or outward? if its just camber just fit that with alittle longer bolts and afew washers behind the upper control arm. problem fixed dirt cheap!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Cat Fuсker

lol...anytime. I wish I had that moment years ago.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:20 AM

The wheel is visibly tilted slightly inward.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ok so if its just tilted inward just space it out. its called the washer trick. i did it on my old 99civic when i lowered it on the Stech springs. i didnt switch to skunk adjustable until i slammed it. but if i wanted to i still could have done the washer trick and just longer bolts with more washers behind it. you already have the other wheel setup correctly so just slap a straight edge on it and measure how much its tilted from the fender. now go back to other side and add 3-4washers behind the upper control arm to space it out and put it back down on the ground and measure it and either remove or add more washers so it matches the other side thats good and your golden! BUT BE SURE TO BUY LONGER BOLTS OF COURSE! its best to go LONGER bolts than you think you need... you can always add the washers to the front side of the bracket to keep the bolt from bottoming out if you dont want to buy several different length bolts. your choice. if you need a bolt for comparison i can try to snag one tuesday after work when i go back to junkyard. that way you can just take that bolt into hardware store so you dont have to pull one off your own car and drive another car to the store

Old 09-16-2011, 05:06 PM
HCF Member

^ I did the washers on mine too... my cars totally slammed though so I actually have no washers so that I don't rub. I just got my fenders rolled this week though so I can reduce some of my camber, I currently run -3.5* of camber in the rear lol. Usually 1 washer = .5* of camber, so 4 washers under each bolt and you are golden.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Do any of those need to be lock washers, or will it be solid enough to not need them?

Quick Reply: Hobo's 2000 LX daily driver