HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

i am back!! i am back!!! and have a new car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Jeez, I forgot about this thread. In for updated pics of the teg.

You still want your user title changed to "the man"?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Haven't seen you in a minute Reap...nice to see you're still here. I know I'm rarely ever on

Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
The Man

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Jeez, I forgot about this thread. In for updated pics of the teg.

You still want your user title changed to "the man"?
hahaha yess sir! that would be sick hahaha

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Wheel looks good...it'd be nice to see a whole car pic with them on Nice job though.

and thanks man! for sure kenny!

i'm probably going to be picking up new fenders and front bumper this up coming monday, but this weekend i am going to attempt the sun roof so wish me luck, i need to find a new headliner or slightly used one, and in the new future all of my panels are going to be replaced inside, but i will take pictures this weekend while doing the sunroof delete.

and quick question.... the bolt which is a 14mm connecting my rear shock to my control arm is stuck...i tried everything... well i am pretty sure, i first tried an impact wrench, then moved to torque wrench torque all the way, at like 100 or somthing then i tried a breaker bar...its not comming off, neither are any of the other bolts like the 12mm on the camper kit. nor will the two 14mm's in the truck for the shocks...any ideas on how to take those off hahaha PB blaster?? idk i am stuck. i bought new nrg innovations coilovers, for $50 i couldnt pass it, they go for about a 100 online. these were new too, i know i know you get what you pay for, but the rear coil overs on my integra wont lower, they are stripped its weird i will see if i can find a picture.

any ways pictures soon =)

(edit) twin loop muffler...what do you guys think? i think yes.... opinions?
oh and can some one move this out of the new members section?

Last edited by chrismag; 10-20-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Cereal Admin

User title changed... what section do you want this thread in?

And I'd say go for it with the twin-loop muffler; I love the way they sound. As far as the bolts go, I'd get new bolts and nuts (when I did the coilovers on my EG I ended up replacing all six bolts with oem Honda... as long as they're grade 8 bolts they'll be fine no matter where you get them though) as well as new bushings (excellent excuse to buy aftermarket LCAs).

Basically, what happens with the bolts is there's a metal sleeve inside the rubber bushings in the rear LCAs. The bolts and sleeves like to corrode inside the bushings, and when they do, they tend to rust together and don't like coming apart. The thing to do once this happens is to just cut the ends of the bolts off and replace the bolts and bushings. However, I'm not really sure what to tell you about the strut bolts assuming you're keeping the struts.

(And Kenny, I'm actually on almost every day, I just don't post too much these days; usually by the time I get to a thread any questions have been answered and anything I could post would just be redundant)

Old 10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
The Man

User title changed... what section do you want this thread in?

And I'd say go for it with the twin-loop muffler; I love the way they sound. As far as the bolts go, I'd get new bolts and nuts (when I did the coilovers on my EG I ended up replacing all six bolts with oem Honda... as long as they're grade 8 bolts they'll be fine no matter where you get them though) as well as new bushings (excellent excuse to buy aftermarket LCAs).
thats awesome!! thanks man haha
and yea...i might as well get new LCA's
but then if i am getting new LCA's i might as well get a new subframe base.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

You know you want it. Well, the subframe brace, not the sol

Do you want this in the Projects section or General Civic Talk?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Understandable Reaper...I am not on any forums much anymore ha it's a wonder that I've been on them 2 days in a row xD

@ Chrismag: goodluck with all of this stuff dude. Hope you're able to do everything you really want to. I know how great it feels to accomplish something you've wanted to do and I also know how bad you feel when the dreams you have never come true. I hope this car turns out as smexy as your Ek you had

Old 10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
The Man

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Understandable Reaper...I am not on any forums much anymore ha it's a wonder that I've been on them 2 days in a row xD

@ Chrismag: goodluck with all of this stuff dude. Hope you're able to do everything you really want to. I know how great it feels to accomplish something you've wanted to do and I also know how bad you feel when the dreams you have never come true. I hope this car turns out as smexy as your Ek you had

thanks man! this one will be even better!! its getting there! slowely but its happening!

You know you want it. Well, the subframe brace, not the sol

Do you want this in the Projects section or General Civic Talk?
i want that color!! and then i want bright green lca's!! haha that would be sick!! i'm doing it!!

and can it be in the project section please?

ohh and guess who doesnt have a sun roof any more....this guy

guess who needs to do some well...alot of bondo ing haha and guess who needs a new head liner...

this guy!!

pics up soon, i hate posting pictures of helf way done projects, i mean its gonna look like.... straight poop intell its all finished.

but pictures soon!

Old 10-22-2011, 05:54 PM
The Man

sooo things to come in the near future....
green datum 1 subframe brace.
silver bwr LCA's
replica mugen twin look muffler.
black integra rear seats.
new carpet.
front bumper
rear bumper
two fenders
oem mudflaps
and last thing. paint

Old 10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Cereal Admin

You forgot the JDM front end conversion with factory HIDs

Quick Reply: i am back!! i am back!!! and have a new car!