HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Jayrdee - Civic SI project

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Nice! I couldn't get myself past the ****ty gas mileage on those things. Plus, finding a manual is not easy. Otherwise, I would have been in an IS already.

Yeah the gas mileage does suck pretty bad, but then again my civic was getting about the same so its not that big of a deal. yeah you got that right, manuals are hard to find. And the ones you do find the sellers ask wayyyyy too much. for example i was looking at one manual, black with 193xxx miles on it and the dude was asking 5800. and then i found mine, black with 194xxx miles and i ended up getting it for 4000. unfortunately its automatic but it runs and drives like a charm so i couldn't really pass that up haha.

Last edited by jayrdee; 06-15-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
Why is your insurance going up over this? Weren't cops called on scene? They should have gotten the lady's info and now you should be taking her to court regardless if she has insurance. She has a car, she probably has a job. She made a decision to be on the road with no insurance and hell I'd never let that go. When my civic was totaled two weeks after paint was done (I don't think you were even on this board back than) I was able to get my Saab and have money left over, though that lady did have insurance.

Its going up because i had to file the claim under my policy. after she hit me, she just gave me her number and then left. i shouldn't have let her, but honestly i was just too shaken up to really function. Lol I've never been in that kind of situation before so i didnt really know what to do. i tried calling the police but since she gave me her number they couldnt really do anything about it ... we couldnt get a hold of her, and when we did she tried giving us a fake name. after a while she told us her real name but refused to give us her insurance information. she tried sending it via picture but it wasn't legible. after a while we just gave up and turned it over to the police ... i would take her to court but then again its hard to take something from someone who has nothing.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

LOL ... I still remember my password.

I miss the civic so much. So many good times.

Me and my friends used to joke about how that car was cursed. Nothing but bad luck. Literally like your crazy ex from highschool, nothing but problems but can't get enough of her Haha.

The kid I sold the car to never really fixed the damage, ended up hitting a deer on his way home from work, and then sold it to someone else who fixed it. He sent me a few pictures of the car in its current state, still black, and they changed the wheels to some CCW/BBS style wheels. He probably has ran into some problems like the rest of us.

So ...

... its been 3 years.

I did get the IS300 and drove that for a year. Put coilovers and wheels on it.

But ended up selling it. Due to the wreck my insurance payment was too expensive, plus things started breaking and parts weren't cheap, and the gas mileage sucked.

And with me being tied up in school (started going to UK for electrical engineering) and only working part time, funds were extremely limited.

I then started leasing a 2015 scion tC. My lease payment is cheaper than what I was paying for insurance on the Lexus. Brand new car, maintenance and insurance included too!

Wheels and coilovers were added, obviously (don't worry, I still have the stock stuff haha)

Remember how I said I didn't know what I was going to get after I sold the civic? Well I used the money I got from the Lexus and started buying/selling cars on craigslist. A few flips later I started importing cars.

First being a Silvia s13. Picked it up around March of 2016.

Sold that to a guy in Atlanta GA, and then brought over an FC RX7 around October or November.

This thing was sweet. Almost kept it for myself. I ended up selling the wheels separately which went to Montana, and the car went to California. This was about January of this year.

And then using that money I brought over this, which has been a car I've been dreaming of owning ever since I was a little kid; just like the Civic.

A 1984 Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex. AE86. I literally picked it up from the port not even two weeks ago.

A pick of me on the way back to KY from Baltimore MD

Oh, I had already started buying parts for it too like this vintage recaro seat and nardi steering wheel. I ordered Fortune Auto Coilovers which should be arriving here in the next few weeks, and some RS-Watanabe wheels from Japan which should be here around June.

So ... yeah and here I am today. Lol.

I took this co-op position through the University working for Toyota Boshoku America this semester. Met a couple Japanese dudes who are into cars and stuff so when talking about all these cars I've owned it got me reminiscing.

I love the 86, but the civic will always be my first love.

I don't think I ever posted these. This was literally about a week or two before it got hit.

Last edited by jayrdee; 05-03-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Glad to see you stopped in All the second-gen OGs growing up! I couldn't ever flip cars, I am wayyyy to impatient of a seller and want the money NOW! haha where do you find these types of cars to buy and sell? International i assume?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Glad to see you stopped in All the second-gen OGs growing up! I couldn't ever flip cars, I am wayyyy to impatient of a seller and want the money NOW! haha where do you find these types of cars to buy and sell? International i assume?

The wonderful powers of the internet, my friend

I'll get back into the Honda game eventually. Maybe when my lease contract is up with the tC I can find me a nice integra of civic hatch I can daily drive.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

Dang that Ae86's gorgeous as hella, well I love all the car you used to own but not TC's haha for some reason I never like Scions...Imo they're for "girly" car lol but they looks amazing!

Old 05-15-2017, 04:39 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Deaf_Dougie
Dang that Ae86's gorgeous as hella, well I love all the car you used to own but not TC's haha for some reason I never like Scions...Imo they're for "girly" car lol but they looks amazing!

Yeah I know ....

But $240 a month for a car with ZERO miles, and all maintenance and insurance included, is a lot better than $330 a month for full coverage on a 10 year old Lexus with over 200,000 miles.

Put the coilovers on it within the first month I got the car, just because I refused to drive around and have people think im a chick Lol.

It is a 6-speed though, which I think is pretty cool. Not many cars come with standard transmissions anymore.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jayrdee
Yeah I know ....

But $240 a month for a car with ZERO miles, and all maintenance and insurance included, is a lot better than $330 a month for full coverage on a 10 year old Lexus with over 200,000 miles.

Put the coilovers on it within the first month I got the car, just because I refused to drive around and have people think im a chick Lol.

It is a 6-speed though, which I think is pretty cool. Not many cars come with standard transmissions anymore.

lmfao, Hey that's not bad to be honest!! I'd say it's pretty good wise of choice! I would do the same thing to save me a money lol

hahah oh for sure! Coilovers is the FIRST thing to do whenever you buy any car. Gotta lower it haha

No ****? That's pretty nice to have 6spd and yeah I think it's cool as well and yeah I agree with you on the last part.