HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!
Default What have I done today?

Drove to a local college for admissions stuff and they screwed me over. Wasted 2 and a half hours there since they lost my transcripts from Blinn College (they later found them after I left). On the way home I stopped by the local AF recruiter real fast just to ask their hours (since I was gonna be late for work if I spent too much time there). I eventually made it home and then drove to work...dealed with the retarded kids who work there and then drove home.

Tomorrow morning I go to have the official talk with the AF recruiter. I'm getting this ball rolling!

Also I found a very nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house for rent ($900 a month) in New Braunfels, TX that I am going to try and split with two of my friends...just need a second friend to go along with it hmmm

Wish me luck tomorrow guys!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I've been looking at EK sedans on HT and after looking at some old pics of my hatch I really think I am going to go that route. It will probably be a 99-00 model though just cause I really like those headlights and tails better (honestly I don't remember if the tails are different on the EK sedans ???). I am hoping to have my truck paid off by the end of the summer and hopefully I can get sent to basic in less than 6 months (really hoping it can be less than 4!) soooo basically this is how I break it down...

Pay off the truck - about 2 months
Wait for basic and actually go through it - 4 months til ship off date after paying the truck off (wishful thinking), 2 months of basic training
Technical training for my job in the AF - about 1 month
Then getting stationed somewhere - a few weeks after completion of technical training

Once all this is done then I can either get a so-so EK sedan (like I said before it'd be a 99-00 model) or a really nice 2000/01 Nissan Xterra 4x4 which I have dreaming of ever since I got into the offroad scene with my truck. Hmmm I'ma have to make a decision cause i doubt I'd be able to afford bothh unless the EK sedan is a real beater (not really wanting one to be a beater if It's gonna be the dd).

Sooo all in all, I can be done in about 9 months with everything. Kinda cool! Lets hope it's less than a 6 month wait to get sent off to basic cause then this would be even quicker!

Last edited by Kenny-g; 07-18-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Took the ASVAB and raped it's ****...made it my b!tch I got an insanely good score and I'm thinking I can get any job i want to in the AF now

I'm thinking Geospacial Intelligence! How f@cking kick @ss would that be?! I'm so pumped.

Anyway what does this have to do with my truck? Well the sooner I get through basic the better cause that means I can get rid of this POS and get something more reliable and better for hauling more people. I'm trying too decide between a Civic sedan or a 4wd Xterra.

Overall I just am trying to get done with this **** as fast as possible cause I'd rather not take any more college classes if I can get to basic in a few months

Wish me luck if anyone even f@ckin reads this stupid @ss thread anymore........

Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM

I read it homie. I check up on all project threads like it is my job. It is the first section I go to when I visit the forum. Most all other sections are filled with newbs, or people being retarded, making retarded, pointless posts.

Good luck with everything. Obviously, college isn't for everyone. I wish I finished, but I am somewhat happy where I am right now.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

Gratz on the good score man!!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Thanks fellas...it just gets dissapointing when no one else comments on a page or two over like a month or two span lol I know I don't really do much with my "projects" but that's cause I have no time for it I have all the ambition in the world to do stuff just when it comes down to actually working on anything I just don't have the space in my schedule. Specially right now when I am trying to get my life straightened out. Anyway...bottom line is, from time to time it'd be nice to hear more uplifting comments lol
[/rant-complaining-b!tching by me]

I can't go to MEPS tomorrow (uber sadface!). It's gonna be next Wednesday now. I really hope I can get into that Geospacial Intelligence job that I mentioned. Either that or one of the other two intell jobs I've selected

Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn haven't been on in over 2 months I guess O.o

I am in the Delayed Enlistment Program now and am waiting for my job/contract which will tell me when I leave for Basic Training. I'm hoping to be able to leave for basic in January but we'll just have to wait and see.

I f*cking hate my truck now and am not going to do anything but the regular maintenance stuff and drive it. I am going to sell it right before my basic training date and buy something different after I get my first station. It will either be a Nissan Xterra or a Subaru Imprezza. Obviously I have a long time before that day will come.

Monday was the first time I gave the Frontier any attention (cleaned it and stopped its squealing AGAIN!) in months. Seriously I hadn't washed it since February probably lol

I don't know if I will be on here (or any of my car forums) regularly since life has caught up with me and I have no time for personal stuff which includes my truck.