HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Dontohs Build - 56k gtfo

Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 AM
HCF Member
Default Dontohs Build - 56k gtfo

I'm just gunna dump all my pictures of the car on here, and possibly leave a short explanation for some of them. There's a lot of pictures. Any questions, then ask em, and comments (good or bad) then post em!

absolutely ALL BODY WORK was done by me- everything, no exceptions

these are in order for the most part

didnt take em off the tires cuz the tires were due anyway.. a friend painted em, after i told him NOT to paint the tires

fresh kicks

brought her home to do interior work

lil bit of cleaning
before

after

and that's where it sits now. i'm cleaning out the dash and everything. was going to replace the wiring harness with an eg to ek conversion one but decided to just keep it stock eg. so now its getting cleaned and put back together

Last edited by Dontoh; 06-30-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 AM
HCF Member

Nice Progress, is there an engine in the car? And from the look of your cuts on the quarters it looks like it will be back.... you cut it pretty close man. Car look good.

Whats up with the bumpers/exhaust being misaligned

Old 06-30-2010, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

Looks good man! nice body work, welcome to the forums =). What are the plans for the car?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 AM

And the good lord said.... "This vehicle will be plagued with rust".. you came along and were like "F-That!"

Honestly, nice work man. LOL at masking off the tails instead of just removing them from the car.

Sooooooo... I have to ask.... You want to fix my car's body damage and paint it?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

nice job man, love the body work and the shaved door handle? did you do the painting yourself as well?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

nice progress with it since we last seen you lol. looks good, but i would have definatly kept the door handles lol. good work tho, it really looks clean with that fresh paint job. you did a good job on that aswell. a question about the tint tho, does it come in lighter shades? i wouldnt mind tinting mine if it was lighter.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
a question about the tint tho, does it come in lighter shades? i wouldnt mind tinting mine if it was lighter.
are you talking about the tails? If so the less coats you put on the lighter it will be, the more the darker.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Nice Progress, is there an engine in the car? And from the look of your cuts on the quarters it looks like it will be back.... you cut it pretty close man. Car look good.

Whats up with the bumpers/exhaust being misaligned
Yeah, there's still the d15b7 in it.. Yeah, I did cut the rust real close, I was trying to avoid having to cut weird shaped pieces of metal so I was balancing the size and shape of the cuts. The rust won't be back though, I made sure I cut it out, then sprayed it in some anti-rust **** and then coated it in duraglass before continuing..

the back bumper has always been messed up, I think the kid who had it before me backed up into something because it's about a half inch back from where it's supposed to be. the exhaust tip is straight, but once again, the kid before me cut an unneeded hole in the bumper to fit the exhaust so it looks sketchy

Originally Posted by Engelhonda37
Looks good man! nice body work, welcome to the forums =). What are the plans for the car?
just a dd. keeping my eyes open for a z6 or possibly a small b if i can get a hold of one, but by no means will this car be fast, i just want some vtec in 'er

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
And the good lord said.... "This vehicle will be plagued with rust".. you came along and were like "F-That!"

Honestly, nice work man. LOL at masking off the tails instead of just removing them from the car.

Sooooooo... I have to ask.... You want to fix my car's body damage and paint it?
haha yeah, thanks.. i was really crunched for time on this, only being able to work on it a few hours a day at a time. so it was just faster, in some cases, to tape things off instead of removing them.. i think there's some pictures where i finally took the tails out though, but yeah haha..

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
nice job man, love the body work and the shaved door handle? did you do the painting yourself as well?
well, i started painting it, i put a coat of value shade on, and then 1 coat of base (the color) and i stopped because i noticed some really small dents that i knew would bug me.. so i held off until tomorrow so i could fix the dents real quick and finish.. the day i was supposed to paint it i had a grad rehearsal so i was a couple hours late, when i got to the shop the car was already painted.. i asked what happened, and it turns out they didnt bother fixing the body work like i planned and they just painted it cuz they figured i wasnt going to be there, which sucks because i did ALL the body work and didn't even get to paint it.. not to mention they only had one coat of paint on the hood so it looks cloudy..

Originally Posted by supersize
nice progress with it since we last seen you lol. looks good, but i would have definatly kept the door handles lol. good work tho, it really looks clean with that fresh paint job. you did a good job on that aswell. a question about the tint tho, does it come in lighter shades? i wouldnt mind tinting mine if it was lighter.
you can buy covers for the heads/tails that have different shades but i used vht nightshade, its a transparent black paint.. the more you use the darker it is, i think i went a couple coats over the limit cuz it didn't seem as dark as i wanted, then i clear coated it with duplicolor

Originally Posted by Engelhonda37
are you talking about the tails? If so the less coats you put on the lighter it will be, the more the darker.
right^

Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

p.s. the color is torch red, it's a corvette color
p.p.s. yes i've gotten my license, and yes i've gotten my insurance

Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 AM
HCF Member

I think stock tails would really help it lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dontohs Build - 56k gtfo