HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Reaper's Mustang Project (abridged version)

Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

ahh okay. Definitely stick with the Ka or Ca then imo a rb,sr, or 1jz swap would be a waste of money now that i know your power goals.
160rwhp can be achieved easily with the ka.
Rebuild and slap on a turbo which would leave alot of extra money for parts
Takata racing seatbelts and bride seats ftw.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, the E36 M3 has 240hp... I'll probably be aiming somewhere in the 600-700rwhp area when I actually start modifying mine (keep in mind I'll hopefully have a decent-paying job, so it won't be like it is now where I have to put my project on hold for months at a time until I get money)

And yeah, the 240 I'm not worried about putting down insane numbers; I'd rather have a "powerful enough" car that handles like it's on rails than something that can blow the tires off in 4 gears but can't make a turn to save its life. Hell, even on my m3 the first thing I'm going to do is full Ground Control suspension (KONI shocks/struts, GC coilovers, GC camber plates, GC rear upper shock mounts, GC front/rear sway bars). After that, I'll probably get wheels/tires, a good alarm (or two), a radar detector, and then either a single giant-a** turbo or a twin turbo kit. (in that order)

Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

M3s Turbo'd are sick..... that's if you can afford the turbo kit.....

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...bos/Turbo_Kits

Stage1 Kit: * 91 Octane (518hp)
* 110 Octane (731hp)
* Multiply by 0.82 for rwhp
* Factory Internals

Stage2 Kit:
* 91 Octane (518hp)
* 91 Oct + Alc (670hp)
* 110 Octane (731hp)
* 110 Oct + Alc (762hp)
* 60-130mph in 6.86 sec
* Factory Internals

Stage3 kit: * 91 Octane (746hp)
* 91 Oct + Alc (914hp)
* 110 Octane (930hp)
* 110 Oct + Alc (951hp)
* Built Internals
* HPF Install Only

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 01-28-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Jeez, $10k for the stage III... that's about how much I'm going to be spending on the car itself lol... I'm thinking piecing together my own setup (the hardest part is going to be finding someone to fab up a manifold/DP). Especially since I really want twins (I'm a ricer... I just want to be able to say I have a TT m3 lol). I'm thinking something along the lines of two .60 trim t3/t4's would be pretty sick, but I don't know; I need to research TT's a little more before actually deciding on a setup, but I have over a year to do so, so I'm sure I'll be fairly well educated on the subject when the time comes

Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
dam reap... IMO you need to make up your dam mind and stick with a vehicle. LMFAO
what the longest youve owned one vehicle?
We've got the same problem haha damn all these nice cars/build possibilities out there. You know chris having a bmw would be badass I really would like to own a quick turbo Honda though Im even thinking I might just this summer get into the off-road scene with a jeep cherokee classic and make a monster out of it I dont know

Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Isn't that the truth, Drew? There's too many d**m possibilities lol

I pretty much have my heart set on the m3 (considering my friend Ryan has me obsessed with them), and I'm something along the lines of 97% sure I'm getting the 240. I still want to own another EG/EK in the future, but it's not looking like it'll be in the next year or two (but who knows... maybe I'll end up selling the mustang later this summer and picking one up if only for a winter car). And I'd love to build a turbo honda, but at the same time, wheel hop and torque steer probably get old fast... I'm thinking I'll stick to my rwd

And I don't think I'll ever really get into the off-roading scene... I wouldn't be able to put parts on a vehicle knowing I'd end up damaging them over the course of normal use... well, that and I can't really drive to save my life (hey, I'll be honest lol)

Old 01-31-2009, 05:55 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Update that actually pertains to my project... I might be buying a set of '02 mustang GT wheels; someone posted some for sale on CL for $200 OBO, so I'm going to see if he'll take $150. if that's the case, I'll ****** them up... I'm thinking black-painted GT wheels are better than stock sixxer wheels, right? Unfortunately, I don't think they have tires on them (which is a good and bad thing)... I'm waiting on an email back from the guy (I just emailed him a minute ago, so it'll probably be tonight/tomorrow before he gets back to me). The bad thing about that is I obviously need to buy tires. The good thing is it'll be a lot easier to paint them black if they don't have tires

Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

see there ya go again.LOL taking about selling our car but your still modding it wasting money on it.LOL stick with the plan.LOL

Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Super Cereal Admin

lol I said I might sell it... but my friend who said he'd buy it is mostly talk, so I'm about 95% sure he won't actually come up with the money. And if I don't sell it this spring/summer, I'll probably end up hanging on to the car for a while, so I might as well throw some decent looking wheels on it to get that out of the way

*edit: I talked to Jaydon about the mustang... he's actually serious about buying it. He mentioned taking a bank loan out, so I'm pretty sure he's not just bulls**tting me lol. If he actually buys it, I'll be getting a 240 and possibly another EJ1. I don't really know why I want two old cars, it's just how I roll :P

Last edited by reaper2022; 01-31-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

any update on if he is buying the car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reaper's Mustang Project (abridged version)