HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

I got my headlights and bulbs in last night. Sorry I don't have any pictures right now i'll try to get some up later.

But i'm not so sure about the headlights. They ended up being a little darker than expected, almost black. So i'm not sure if I'm going to use them or sell them.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

alright so as I said before the headlights that I got in were way too dark, almost black, so I decided to order some different ones. Its a little bit of an extra expense, but I think its worth it to get what I want. The new ones I ordered should be closer to the type r color. I'll probably try to sell the ones I have at some point and get some of my money back. The new ones should be in on tuesday so i'll take some pictures of both when the new ones come in. Hopefully I can get everything painted in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also debating shaving the license plate holes and getting a passwordJDM plate relocator. If I do it I want to do it right the first time before I paint everything. I just need to talk to they guy thats going to paint my stuff and see if he can do it without it cracking or something in the future

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

Alright got some progress. Its a little slow going, but i'm making it there. I have been so busy with school that stuff with the car just keeps getting pushed back.

So heres a complete list of parts and stuff that I have and whether they are on or not:

OEM Front bumper - still waiting on it
OEM Front si lip - still waiting on it
OEM si grille - on the car but is going to get repainted
gunmetal headlights - installed
OEM clear fog lights - wiring and switch installed. waiting till the plastic shrouds are painted before installing
PIAA Intense white headlight and fog lights bulbs - headlight bulbs installed
Honda OEM Antenna Block off plate - currently being shipped
PasswordJDM license plate relocator - currently being shipped
Metra window mount antenna - currently being shipped

I am getting the bumper and lip through my brother-in-law's older brother, who owns a body shop. That's why I don't have them in my possession. but he is getting them in and as soon as they come in he will be painting everything listed that needs paint along with my rear bumper and side skirts. Once he gets it all painted I will be installing everything asap.

and heres a couple of pics of the current progress

headlights
Name:  0216111533-01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  54.7 KB

headlights on the car
Name:  0224111510-00.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  132.4 KB

and the OEM foglight switch
Name:  0224111511-00.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  49.3 KB

Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

got a little work done yesterday. pulled out the dumb factory pillar antenna and put on the Honda block off plate. Looks much cleaner, I really like it.

Also put in a window mount antenna to replace the factory antenna. I put it up behind the rear view mirror so its not really all that noticeable. The main problem I had with it was the ridiculously bright red led that was on whenever the antenna was on. but that turned out to be an easy fix. I ended up cracking apart the antenna and covering the LED with a small piece of electrical tape. Put it back together and absolutely no light shows through. problem solved. and the antenna works just as good if not better than the factory antenna.

Tomorrows the big day that I'm dropping off my car to get everything painted!! I'm hella excited. I'm getting a new front bumper, the rear bumper, both side skirts, the fog light shrouds, the grille, and the new si lip painted. He should have it done by the end of the week, but due to my school and work schedule I probably wont be able to get the car back it the following monday.

but heres some picks of the block off plate and the antenna.

block off plate

Name:  0305111728-01.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  72.4 KB

and the new antenna

Name:  0305111909-02.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

[Random Statement] I wish I had a sun roof in my truck! [/Random Statement]

Nice work with the antenna on ur windshield...I like that, never seen that done before

Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 AM

Nice! I just picked up an internal antenna as well. Did you hide the wiring under (or on top of) the headliner? I am thinking I will be putting mine towards the base of the windshield.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

ya the wire goes up under the headliner, then down the passenger side A pillar and zip tied to a support beam above the glove box over to the radio. And its grounded with the map lights.

The other option is to run the wire down the driver pillar and plug in to the junction point that is in the driver kick. That way you dont have to have extra wires behind the radio. but the problem with that is that you still have to run a power antenna wire from the radio to the junction, which is just making more work for yourself. So I found it much easier and less work to just pull out the radio and have the wire go down the passenger side.

If you are thinking about doing it, the antenna works great. I have reception on stations that were crappy before. Plus AM works great for anyone that uses it. Some window mount antennas suck on AM but this one works great. The one I have is a Metra 44-UA200.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/Afte...tenna_44-UA200

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

just a small little update. Dropped my car off at the paint shop. This is the same guy that did the paint on the bumpers and lips of the old hatch, so I know hes good. We got the holes cut and drilled for the foglights and the license plate relocator and test fit everything before it went into paint. The only thing that still needed to be done was fill the factory license plate holes, which my painter will be doing for me. He shold have it done on Friday, and as long as he sticks to that, I will be picking it up on Saturday. Cannot Wait!

but heres a couple of mach up pics

Name:  0307111435-00.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  0307111930-00.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  49.5 KB

Old 03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

got the car back today. It's pretty sexy. Heres a quick cell phone pic. I'll get some good pictures with a real camera either tomorrow or monday when i have time and the sun is still up.

edit: the car is sitting on an awkward slope, so the stance of the car doesnt look normal

Name:  0312111937-00.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  48.9 KB

Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Fawkin sexy!

Quick Reply: Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread