HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

zerojett's EF Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

Not much else is new. Exhaust leak from the flex pipe, so that's getting deleted soon.
Battery box worked great. I put 1500km on it.

Weird little thing about the h2b... I was able to achieve an average of 35mpg on the highway, even when revving at 3-4k rpm. I topped out at 40mpg with a wind at my back.

If anyone could find me an MR2 Spyder power steering pump that would be great. This car needs 2 things for me to want to keep it... Power steering, and less drone!

Old 05-10-2019, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

Hey guys.

Well. Forums are sad places now. I'll be archiving this thread.

Thanks for all the motivation everyone. I kept the car. I love looking back and seeing the evolution of it.

I've had it for 8 years now. I have my own garage for it and still work on it... I just installed the MR2 power steering jn it. It is great. I'll be quieting it down and finally taking it to a track this year. Strongly leaning towards putting in an LS 5th gear.

Rear disk brakes are finished now too. I have 10.3" brakes all around.

Exhaust leak is fixed.

You can follow me on IG if you want. @baandwagon

The next adventure is repairing the dents and small bits of rust.

https://www.instagram.com/octane_add...=124tzhx92e8i0

Drove the car out to the mountains this year and last yesr. H2b is a reliable swap.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99 from Hobo's thread 6 months ago
Never thought I'd see the day. Only one "OG" Civic project thread still going (zerojett). Maybe if he decides to sell and move on, I'll be able to finally stop visiting this site every few days
Originally Posted by zerojett
Well. Forums are sad places now. I'll be archiving this thread.
Well... ****.

I understand the move, but my god IG sucks for anything other than glancing at a pic (and moving on just as quickly) when sitting on the can. While the world turns into a bunch of brainless mouth breathers endlessly sifting through images with no context, I wish you luck buddy. Forums will always be around, like books

Old 07-24-2019, 03:03 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Well... ****.

I understand the move, but my god IG sucks for anything other than glancing at a pic (and moving on just as quickly) when sitting on the can. While the world turns into a bunch of brainless mouth breathers endlessly sifting through images with no context, I wish you luck buddy. Forums will always be around, like *****
There, I fixed it for you.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:05 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by zerojett
Not much else is new. Exhaust leak from the flex pipe, so that's getting deleted soon.
Battery box worked great. I put 1500km on it.

Weird little thing about the h2b... I was able to achieve an average of 35mpg on the highway, even when revving at 3-4k rpm. I topped out at 40mpg with a wind at my back.

If anyone could find me an MR2 Spyder power steering pump that would be great. This car needs 2 things for me to want to keep it... Power steering, and less drone!
Have you considered implanting electric power steering? I have to say, it ain't that difficult at all.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
Have you considered implanting electric power steering? I have to say, it ain't that difficult at all.
I did put power steering in this year! I used an MR2 spyder pump.

It wasn't very hard. I mounted it in front of the passenger wheel, and I can top up the reservoir behind the headlight. It works great. The car is a lot easier to drive now. The pump even winds down once you start moving. I wired up the VSS and all. Great experience.

I... don't know what else to do to this car lol. I think it is done aside from body work. I don't know if I care that much to repair it. I've been eyeing up an imported JDM CRX or hatch... I'd love to K swap something. We'll see what life decides.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:40 AM
Cat Fuсker

I meant like legit electric only power steering. The MR2 one is still an electric-hydraulic. A lot less parts involved in an electric only, as you just put in a manual rack and the whole power steering is part of the column.