HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Increasing membership?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Increasing membership?

Well, as any of the members that have been here for a year or more already know, active membership at the moment is kind of low, and the forums are, well, kind of dead. I'm sure nobody around here wants to see the forums go downhill, so what I'm asking is that anybody who has an idea of what we can do to attract more members, whether it be rule changes, new forums, whatever... please speak up!!! Please take the time to post anything you think might increase site activity. I'm sure I speak for the entire HCF staff when I say all ideas will be taken into consideration.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

Try to talk sponsors into donating a prize for a give away each month, or pitch the idea of IB buying a prize that can be randomly drawn each month, or have a prize for ROTM. Not much leverage for something like that if traffic is already down however, catch 22... IB should be trying to generate more traffic since it's in their best interest to do so. People like free **** typically. Determining eligibility for the giveaway might be tricky though, but that's another hurdle.

Have a sponsors page along with the existing sections they already have. A dedicated page where it lists the sponsors, and has their banner, etc... Might make them feel like they're getting more potential exposure.

It was already slow when I came here, but I got the impression that the VB software was kind of new to most, was that recent and did a whole whack of people leave because of that?

Old 04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I'm stumped and confused. We really don't have any flaming or scary/bad things happening, and everyone seems very helpful. If we just keep on this track, won't we attract new members and also keep the good ones we have? What are people's ideas on what the problem is? Please help.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

most people come on here for a quick question or to sell there ****. Honestly HFC doesnt have very man sponsors. Also I think the main problem is the color scheme/layout of the forum. It super boring. It needs to be more flashy and actually show a nicely modded 6th gen civic since thats what most people on here own. This would definitly attract more people

Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

I agree with croninc, I hate the layout. I would love to see something like this http://www.rs25.com/ Its really clean, easy to use and very modern.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

i agree with croninc also, i thinkng changing up the look of HCF. the site has not change much of its look since i joined 2 years ago., could use some modernizing. i remember 2 forums that i go to had people sign up pr register with the forum before they can read or read certain section of the forum. maybe that would make more people stay

Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 AM
HCF Member

Another thing that bothers me is that the hot-linked photos in the write ups don't exist anymore for the most part, the author has either deleted or moved the photo.

I helped, in small part, to get a Wiki rolling for one of the largest Toyota offroad forums a few years ago. User submitted content to a database that lives entirely on the website's server.

^another pie in the sky idea, that takes moderating vigilance.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

This forum used to be hot until it was attacked by hackers. But the trend lately is that the tuning world is icing over from lack of interest. It hasnt been as hot as it was aroubd 2 years ago. Give it time, it might come back around.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

Ya and the new F&F movie I don't think will help too much. Hella nice cars. lol.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
March 2010 ROTM

+1 on some sponsorship and give-a-ways. Other sites have them and appear to have way more active threads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Increasing membership?