HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

an idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
Buddy, is the thread below the one you are referring to?

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=71239

If so, the idea you presented there is different and also was not shot down. You proposed to create a thread that lists vendors. Forty04 asked you to proceed with your idea.

The idea I present here is to have an Admin poll members for vendors that they use and then use the list of vendors to seek out new sponsors.
My idea was the exact same idea as trustdestructions. I wasn't refferring to whatever idea you were presenting. And forty asked me to send him some type of written form of the idea to get it started, but there's nothing I can write for the sub-forum because I haven't shopped and had experiences with all online companies and all that is required is to open a new subsection with the label and a quick sticky stating the rules of the sub-forum. I simply stated to have a section like this: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=13
which is pretty successful if you ask me. They are fine with sponsors.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
My idea was the exact same idea as trustdestructions. I wasn't refferring to whatever idea you were presenting....

Okay, I thought you were responding to my post that immediately preceded yours.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
I've already presented this exact topic in the suggestion thread a few weeks ago or so and it was shot down. I've just seen similar threads on other successful websites and I thought it was pretty helpful for buyer safety.

Do you remember having a vendor here called "Corrupt Motors?" They're run by a friend of mine that I convinced to sponsor the forum. I think he lasted 3 or 4 months, and attempted a few group buys on some bad *** parts. Due to price however, there was no interest here.

I guess what I'm getting at is that we have had solid vendors in the past offering great parts you won't find at your local ricer joint. However as I mentioned earlier, most HCF members are simply "ballin on a budget" and refuse to spend more money on nice things.

It is Forum policy to not advertise other websites, forums and parts places for the simple fact that it is not fair to our paying sponsors.

RonJ, I really like your idea. I'll start a thread in the General Civic Forum requesting that people list their favorite/frequented online shops. Once we've got a solid list, we can begin pursuing them as potential vendors.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm