HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/)
-   -   mozilla firefox (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/mozilla-firefox-8810/)

punkass 08-12-2005 08:39 PM

mozilla firefox

i am using firefox browser and the back button doesnt do anything, i have to refresh a few times for it to work. Does anyone know if there are incompatibility with firefox and this site ? Anything i can do to fix this or am i totally out to lunch here ? I just dont want to use IE browser coz its like swiss cheese (lots of security holes) :(

mxs 08-12-2005 09:31 PM

RE: mozilla firefox

you know, sometimes I have the same problem. Always going from an individual post back to the main listing. But it only happens sometimes. Hold down the mouse button for a second and your last 10 or so pages will pop up in a list, then you can select the page you want to go back to (that's what I do at least). I'm on a mac, are you on a mac or a PC?

edit: and I only have that problem on this site :)

LEVIII 08-12-2005 09:36 PM

I also use firefox but I have never tried to use the back button cause I always use the new tabs. The tabs veiwing is the best thin about Mozilla

punkass 08-12-2005 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

you know, sometimes I have the same problem. Always going from an individual post back to the main listing. But it only happens sometimes. Hold down the mouse button for a second and your last 10 or so pages will pop up in a list, then you can select the page you want to go back to (that's what I do at least). I'm on a mac, are you on a mac or a PC?

edit: and I only have that problem on this site :)
i am using a pc and a laptop winxp sp2, both have this problem and yes it only happens on this site

Mad7s 08-12-2005 10:11 PM

and yes it only happens on this site
I have had it happen on Craigslist.org also. I HATE MOZILLA. It's promoted for people who can't secure their own computer and aren't smart about spyware and viruses. I'm an IE guy for life.

LEVIII 08-12-2005 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

It's promoted for people who can't secure their own computer and aren't smart about spyware and viruses.

Hey, thats me:D and proud of it.

I hate shops, they are for the rich kids who cant work on cars themselves

Mad7s 08-13-2005 01:11 AM

Hey, thats me and proud of it.
Whatever ya dig bro, I'm just saying I'd lose my mind with that browser.

Chimera02EX 08-13-2005 07:23 AM

Ahh yes the tabs. I think that is in my top 3 favorite things about firefox. 1 is only 10%(not an exact figure) of people on the internet use firefox. and number 2 is no one is writing viruses for firefox.

ngoti 8tor 08-13-2005 07:45 AM

I just use MS Internet Explorer (at work) and it does the same garbage once in a while when I hit the back button.

CarlCox 08-13-2005 09:38 AM

i use firefox and have the same problem too, but if you hit back twice it works. i think its somthing to do with the adverts (being in a iframe ? ) that loads after teh forum.