HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

New battery, new radiator... but it still will not turn over

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Default New battery, new radiator... but it still will not turn over

I have a 99 Honda Civic EX. For about 3 months now, my srs , check engine, and alb lights flicker as I am driving down the road. The head lights would dim as the warning lights would flicker. I was told by the auto mechanic that my radiator was about to go out. So I decided to get a second check at autozone. Autozone said everything checked out fine.

I was was driving down the road a couple days ago and my car just stopped working. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. So we managed to get it to get it home and figured it WAS the alternator.

Put in the new alternator: still won't start. Put in a new battery : still won't start. Checked the the timing belt: it's still good. New oil change, new transmission fluid. Someone said it could be the starter, but I never had a problem with getting it started before. Would it just die out like that???

I tried starting it and all the lights would come on but the engine would make a loud squealing noise.

Please help! Any suggestions would be helpful.