HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

New HCF Banner

Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default New HCF Banner

Alright, due to all the complaints about the HCF top banner, we're going to let you guys try and put something else together. There are rules that HAVE to be followed. These are not up for debate, so don't even bother asking. Just design an ad to the best of your abilities, following these rules to a T, and in a week or so we'll have a poll to see who's gets to stay.

RULES TO BE FOLLOWED:
1. Your banner's dimensions must be the same as what you see on the current banner.
2. NO COPYWRITTEN IMAGES! Do NOT use the Honda and/or Civic logos (i know there is one up there now, just don't do it!)
3. If you use pics of cars, make sure they are YOUR car, or a car that belongs to someone who has granted you written permission to use. (I will ask for a copy of this written permission if necessary).
4. Use the current "hondacivicforum.com" logo (I have a copy of this, if you need it, PM me)
5. Include the word "Unofficial" (preferably spelled correctly )
6. Leave a space for the banner ad that sits in the middle/right side of your screen.

I think that's it. If anything else comes to mind I will edit the post. Happy chopping everyone!

DISCLAIMER: We the mods/admins do not have any control over this site, only it's members. If the people who actually own the site don't like what you've designed, and decide to stick with what they've got, than that's the way its going to be. Lifes a bitch, have a sammich!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Snail'n Admin

Id just like to add that the reason these rules are in place are because of copyright laws. They must be made this way so that the owners of the forum do not get in trouble

Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Administrator

honda is pretty cool with us using their words, but its always best to avoid using copywritten logos and trademarks.

one thing, i believe that the company prefers if the title across the top excludes the ".com" portion, similar to the current logo.

I also like the logo, so Id prefer to see it stick around as well...

Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Patrick

one thing, i believe that the company prefers if the title across the top excludes the ".com" portion, similar to the current logo.

I also like the logo, so Id prefer to see it stick around as well...

The original that I have includes the .com portion. Whoever made the current banner must have removed it.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Administrator

i think that the header logo looks good with and without it...if it was just centered i think that it would look better the way it is..

Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

So wtf? You guys cry and whine that the Mods/Admins never do anything, then when we set something like this up, you all duck back into the shadows?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:54 AM

Wow, I didn't even notice the thread. I guess if I saw it, I mistook it for the complaint thread. Can you add the word "contest" to the title?

Please PM me the logo. I have work to do...

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-15-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 AM

Instead of editing, I'd like to add this:

I need to know something from the IB people. The current banner has these components:

1. hcflogleft.gif, which is the left part that has the the HCF logo and all that. This portion is 490 pixels by 148 pixels.
2. hcflogbg.gif, which is the center part that gets stretched behind the K&N ad that's usually up there. This portion is 2 pixels by 148 pixels. Your web browser stretches this portion to allow the browser window to be resized.
3. hcflogrig.gif, which is the right part of the banner that has the early 6th gen Civic on it. This portion is 132 pixels by 148 pixels.

Do we need to make our banner ideas using the same format so it will retain the same functionality? In the same 3 pieces?

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-15-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Ok. Here's something to toss out there for a start.

This is what the current banner looks like, except I corrected the spelling.

(I hope that displays right)

This is what I envision a newer one looking like. This is merely a start, not a finished product.

We're trying to bring the banner up to date, but I'd like to pay homage to the old one. The right side should have a newer civic than the early 6th gen. (The current image is a stock pic of the 2009 hybrid. I hope to find a member with some pics of their 8th gen to use.) The big white space on the left is just a placeholder. I dont know what to put there yet. Maybe ROTM?! The area under the HCF logo is a little empty. I hope to put some sort of slogan or catch phrase there. This design is clean and simple, sort of reflecting the general attitude of our forum towards mods. Clean and simple, not ricey.

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-15-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Lookin great so far Itinerant. I will get with pat to see if he has solid answers to your questions.

Knowing the IB folks though, I would have to assume that they'd like to maintain the same format.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New HCF Banner