HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

No Action

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM
HCF Member
Default No Action

This thread is a ghost town. I have been a member here for awhile and love everything about this over clubcivic,Honda-Tech, and even NWP4life, but we need more attendance. I can post and won't get a response within a day or even longer and we get new members all the time, but its hard to keep them around!

I think the top banner needs changed, the site is light it would look better dark with changing pictures of civic's instead of the same pics, more vendors and sponsor opportunity and getting the word out about this place. I let facebook know daily and tell all my buddies because this is a home to me and love being on here.

I don't mean to critique anyone or anything you all who contribute have done the best of job and work so hard and have to thank all the mods, but something needs done we need a game plan and I promise to help every step of the way!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i agree with you man.
Sometimes i post here, and dont get a response.. and then i get tired of waiting so i post in a different forum and BAM get a response pretty fast, even if its not that usefull.. lol
I always try askin here first tho, because when you do get an answer its always a good one.

Sometimes is slow here... and sometimes i check the "new posts" and there is 2 pages full. lol

Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

Ya man because I know if those sites can get a huge amount of members and have heavy traffic of members on daily and giving quick responses we can have that as well.

Yes our group here is the best and when i get the answers Im looking for they are very professional and correct, couldn't be better.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

I think a dark theme for the forum would look pretty cool, like that one other forum...forgot what its called. lol

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
I think a dark theme for the forum would look pretty cool, like that one other forum...forgot what its called. lol
I love club-civic where the theme chances everytime you refresh, it's unique and darker is for sure more appealing.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i agree.
i think a better chat would be pretty cool as well...

Old 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
Yeah i agree.
i think a better chat would be pretty cool as well...
Agreed, but it's all up to the mods, I don't wanna feel like Im telling them what to do just total suggestions.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Yeah but i dont think the mods can make changes to the forum theme or layour or any of that stuff.
There was a thread a while back about suggestions and stuff, and it talked about stuff like that.

EDIT: found it lol https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...t=74533&page=4

Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM

Yeah, believe me... we've been through this before.

Mods and Admins don't have the power because we don't own the forum. Internet Brands owns the forum. Internet Brands was bought out, so we really don't know who is in charge these days. We just stick around and visit daily and make sure you guys see as little spam as possible.

We fought for months behind the scenes to get a new banner. The old one had a typo for years. I even made a corrected image and said that all they had to do was replace the image on the server. That didn't happen for 8 months or so. Then we got a new banner/face lift. We are happy to have the new one after all these years.

Let me lay this out for you. Here is a breakdown of the Powers:

Mods can:
  • close threads
  • move threads
  • edit posts
  • merge posts
  • delete spam
  • ban idiots and spammers
  • other thread management/user management basics
Admins can:
  • do the same thread management
  • have full user management access
  • can also create forum sections now. This is a new power that came after we complained for a LONG time.
Mods and admins can't:
  • change the forum layout
  • change the banner
  • change the colors
  • update the forum software
Our site liaison from IB, Patrick, doesn't come around here often. He used to, but he's more of a Mopar man. Can't blame him for not hanging out with a bunch of Honda drivers. He was the man who could make all the changes, or at least get the process started.

For those of you who haven't been here for as long as the mods and admins, I can tell you that the forum is bigger and better than it has been in years. We have many newer sections and subforums that didn't exist a year ago. I, for example, started my mod career by overhauling the DIY section. It was HORRIBLE. I had to read every single one, make notes on what was wrong or missing, contact old members to see if they still had pictures, etc. Now, the section is a (mostly) useful knowledge base.

If you want to help the forum, the best you can do is promote the site locally. More members = more traffic for the real powers on this site: Internet Brands. More traffic = more money for them. More users = more vendors interested in supporting the site. If you see something you need that's available through a vendor, buy through them. They see a return on their investment, they offer deals to members, etc. Money for the site is usually the bottom line.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:22 PM
July 2010 ROTM

mopars suck. just saying. dodge made the omni and plymouth made the horizon. unforgivable. i like the fact that there are a core few on this site. no riff raff. members whose names i know other than their s/n. i know who to trust for advice on here. other sites have so many people chucking so many contradicting ideas, its hard to know wtf is going on, or what to do in a particular situation. i like it here, and only here.

Quick Reply: No Action