HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

posts needed to buy/sell on classifieds?????

Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM
HCF Member
Default posts needed to buy/sell on classifieds?????

what the hell i have 10 post and still cant access the forsale wanted threads? what do i need to do
im just gonna post *****. there might be some hidden treasures for me or for someone else that i have

Old 12-11-2008, 05:36 PM

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68883

"6.

Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short), "smiley" only, non-sense posts and such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count ("post whoring") is frowned upon. If you do engage in this type of activity, we can prevent your post count from increasing from that point forward or possibly ban your account."
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=62475

Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

get your post count up in the Lounge section

Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

and if you read the stickies in the classified section you will see that you need 25 post to post in the classified section

Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

IMO if people arent willing to contribute to the forum then your posibly a lame spammer that doesnt even want to post afew BS posts to try and scam someone. LOL

if you think the requirements are g** then just take your parts to ebay....

Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

I honestly hate selling things on forums because you get 10 times more flakes on them then you do on craigslist or ebay. Ebay is the way to go if you want your stuff gone and out of your hands cause it will always sell for somewhere around what your looking for.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 PM

^yea but eBay charges a butt-load in commission. Trust me, my dad has an online business and he sells a lot on eBay. The prices are starting to get so ridiculous that he may stop selling on eBay altogether.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
^yea but eBay charges a butt-load in commission. Trust me, my dad has an online business and he sells a lot on eBay. The prices are starting to get so ridiculous that he may stop selling on eBay altogether.
now that you mentioned that i just realized i have a $22 invoice for two things i just sold, yea very true. And I was too kind on shipping and have really gotten f***ed over. Ebay is good for getting rid of stuff you dont really care about and just want to get rid of, quick and easy. I think im going to go back to craigslist after that fat $22 invoice i just got.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 AM

It's only going to get worse too. Many sellers have tried boycotting eBay but even in large numbers it doesn't work, because you have all those people selling knock-off made in china stuff that they can sell for whatever price they want because it costs them nothing, and eBay still makes the money from them. eBay raises their fees often. My dad also sells on Amazon and does at least 3 times more business on Amazon than eBay... Amazon also charges a lot less in fees. It seems eBay likes to think they're as good as Amazon. eBay needs a reality check, it is a corporation with a really big ego and soon their business will crumble... just wait.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

i think too when people charge like $5 for something and then charge like $50 for shipping that adds to the increase. Cause everyone here know that all the cheap ebay parts for your car are dirt cheap until you look at the shipping.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: posts needed to buy/sell on classifieds?????