Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

|Cold Air Intake|

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Default |Cold Air Intake|

I have had my 1999 Honda Civic Ex for about 3 months now. Other than the sound system i put in it , it has nothing done to it. I would like to start off by getting cold air intake for it. I was thinking about aem. Does anyone have any suggestions for me ?

Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Default RE: |Cold Air Intake|

What are your long term goals? Because if you want to turbo then you do not want to get an intake now

Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM

I would like to turbo.. but i doubt i ever will because of the cost so im not going to

Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: dizzletime

I would like to turbo.. but i doubt i ever will because of the cost so im not going to

Well, the amount of money that you will put into a CAI, Header, HIgh flow cat and Cat-back would more than likely fund a full home made turbo build. But, on the other hand, you do sound like a bit of a newb (no offense intended, we were all there once) so maybe it's a good idea to get your hands dirty and do some basic mods. That way you get the feel of working with all the tools, and gain the confidence to really attack the bigger HP jobs down the road

oh yeah, and aem rocks.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

what if u werent plannin on doin turbo? what would you recommend starting with? im a newb also. and y not get an intake if ur not gonna get turbo? i think i might wanna get turbo later on but jus wanna find out info.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

5 speed? auto? I/H/E is always a good start...in any order that you want!

FTW by the way

Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

yeah for the same price you could get a resonable turbo setup. But if you didn't want to pay a lot for the setup, which i assume you wouldn't be doign yourself, you should start with intake, header, and exhaust.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 PM

Some good brand Intakes are AEM, K&N, Injen go either SRI or CAI doesn't really matter. I'd go SRI so you don't have to worry about changing it in the winter & worry about any dips or puddles that might submerge it and kill your motor. Or you can just buy a cheapy ebay one like me. Everyone says its more about the filter, so I guess buy a cheapy ebay one, cause all the pipes are pretty much the same and buy a K&N Filter (make sure its the same size as your pipe). So you have to choices there;

Genuine: AEM / K&N / INJEN (SRI - Short Ram Intake or CAI - Cold Air Intake)

Cheapy eBay with K&N Filter

Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

dont go with ebay your gonna get junk i made that mistake go here http://www.cardomain.com/item/FUJCA1904?vq_id=none its the Fujita CAI i got it for my 99 EX and its perfect.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: bigmikew1

what if u werent plannin on doin turbo? what would you recommend starting with? im a newb also. and y not get an intake if ur not gonna get turbo? i think i might wanna get turbo later on but jus wanna find out info.
Search man, the questions been asked a thousand times..

Quick Reply: |Cold Air Intake|